3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Field and Stream bow scale  (Read 665 times)

Offline chuck jones1836

• Trad Bowhunter
Field and Stream bow scale
« on: February 23, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
When I saw this item at Academy I thought that is exactly what I need to find out what I am drawing at my draw length. Well, the idea was good but the scale isnt. The first thing that I did was to take some weights from an old barbell set from years ago and stack up enough of them to weigh 44 lbs( that is just what they came out to). Each time I lift the scale it tells me a different reading. The very first time was close but then thereafter it would read 50 then 35 then o whats the use. I guess my 22 dollars should have gone against a better scale to be able to do what I want.

Just a heads up in case someone else is looking at that scale as a good usable item...chuck
Chuck Jones
San Antonio, Texas

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Field and Stream bow scale
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Chuck,
Not trying to start an arguement, but I just used one to check the draw weight on my bow and it measured just a shade heavier than my bow was marked.  I did it three times and it was the same all three times.  Maybe I got lucky, but did you try it on your bow?....Charlie
P.S. You have a good name!  It was my grandpa's too.

Offline chuck jones1836

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
buckeye_hunter I may just have a dud but I will try it on another bow.  My grandpa's name too!
Chuck Jones
San Antonio, Texas

Offline chuck jones1836

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:26:00 AM »
buckeye_hunter,  I am totaly surprised.  I had taken my 60# longbow down to be measured at my draw length and it came in at 52#.  After pulling on the scale 3 to 4 times it would come in at 50# but I did notice it had to be a good smooth draw all the way back or it would show 45#.  It might be good enough to start measuring my hickory stick that I am making...chuck
Chuck Jones
San Antonio, Texas

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©