3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question for Kodiak T/D shooters  (Read 634 times)

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
Question for Kodiak T/D shooters
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
This fall I acquired a B-riser Custom Kodiak takedown with 55# limbs that make 60" on the B riser. It is a Gainesville bow fromt he mid eighties I beleive. I love it so far. Hits where I aim, smooth and fast. I recently bought a set of 61# grayling limbs that make a 62" bow on my riser. I haven't made a string for it yet so I haven't strung it, but when I installed the limbs, I noticed a fair amount of play. I also noticed the hole for the alignment pin is slightly oblongated, as if through wear. Is this likely to be a problem once the bow is strung? Have others had this "problem" and if so have you done anything to tighten the fit? I see old glue marks suggesting that glue on felt may have been used to snug things up. perhaps my concerns will be allayed once I get a string on it, but was curious to hear others' experiences. Thanks!

Steve

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question for Kodiak T/D shooters
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
I would not be concerned about the clearance in the screw holes. Those are "Fool Proof" screws to keep you from putting the limbs on the wrong end. The limbs get their position from the tongue and groove  slot. I have no answer for the glue, but the pad should be on the clamp not the limb.. I have had those go bad and let the thing squeak.
Pretty sure once it's strung she'll be rock solid and shoot "Spot On"
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Thank you Sir. That makes me feel better! Going to twist a string for it today...

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
I agree with Earl, should not be a problem. Once you get her strung, she be solid.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©