3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lighted nocks  (Read 372 times)

Offline dick sable

• Trad Bowhunter
lighted nocks
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:52:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has tried shooting lumanoks or other lighted nocks out of their trad bows?  I've seen the lumanok video and it looks pretty nifty.  A guy would really be able to follow the arrow in near dark situations and if nothing else it sure would look neat.  A few compound shooters I've talked with seem to love them.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lighted nocks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 05:45:00 AM »
I have and hopefully I'll send one of them at a elk here in a few more weeks.  Great tool for shots at dusk.  I also use them as a training tool to see your arrow flight better. You can tell if your arrow is wiggling around.

They last a long time as well.

Chris
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
After trying some this summer I will have a couple in my quiver in the deer stand.They take the guess work out of seeing where the hit is in low light conditions.In the woods they even show up well in the daylight.If they help me see the hit,find the arrow and help me make the right decision on follow up on one animal they have paid for themselves. :)
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline Smallwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »
they work extremely good for bare shafting.

Offline Charles Sorrells

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
There is a good video on Youtube for making your own lighted nocks.  I made some last year following this method and they work fine.  

The light costs about 1.50 to 2.00 dollars and some epoxy is all you will need besides your nocks.  

Just type in lighted nock when you get there.
"When the Lord is your guide, you never hunt alone."

Offline DIAMONDBACK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »
I bought 3 for hunting last year,took some practice shots at deer time,excellent.Stuck them up into my cat quiver,they lit up and ran down the little battery,lesson learned.

Offline stickhorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
as smallwood said, great for bare shafting. do not use for hunting, as they are not legal in colorado.could cost you a ticket.

Offline john1271

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
my brother used them a couple years ago ,we where about 50 yards apart in stands and a doe came up and he shot at her and missed low, she jumped and ran off 15 yards and looked and seen the nock glowing and came up to it and sniffed it and gave him a second shot ,she ran off with the arrow stuck in her shoulder and watched her running with the nock glowing through the woods
black creek banshe 41#@28 60"god bless and have a red letter day...

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
They are a little rough on us old hippies, can cause severe flash backs. Be careful

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Shaun,You where a hippie? WOW LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY COLORS MAN!

tracers, kool.

I did use small pieces of 2317 to fix points on my woodies, I guess it will work on the nock ends.. I'll have to do some testing on that.

Offline Doug in MI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
I tried the Luma nock last year. It was a waste of money. I couldnt get it to light up consistently. It was good for entertainment while practicing when it did work but thats about it.
I just bought a Easton Tracer nock to try. The only down side is it uses a tiny round magnet to light it and it toook some experimenting to find a place for the magnet shooting off the shelf. But it works every time.
Team Hoots
Lil Hoot 55#@27
Black Widow SAIII 55#@27

Offline Chris Lantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
I used lumenocks last year and they seemed to work pretty well. I did have one where the battery broke off the rest of the nock and slid down inside the shaft but that’s likely because I accidentally took one of my arrows with a lighted nock and used it for stump shooting lol. Lighted nocks are a great idea but I’d try to make some using bobber lights rather then buying the commercially produced nocks again.

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
I tried them 3 or 4 seasons ago, when I was shooting wheels, and found that they didn't always light up so I stopped using them.

I think Easton has a version of these, too.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©