3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Mohawk bows.........  (Read 841 times)

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
Mohawk bows.........
« on: August 24, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
Well, for the last several years I have not pulled a string. Bad back......... couldn't do it. Two weeks ago out of the clear blue I took a old evil bow of mine(did I say compound) out and shot three dozen arrows without any pain at all. Getting my Recurve strung back up but am really wanting to go bwack to what I was shooting twenty some years ago........... a longbow. No sights no gadgets, nothing   ;)  Now I have been paying particular attention to a certain longbow that has really caught me eye. The Mohawk Longbows. Tell me about them. I am gonna have to sell a couple things to get one so I want to make sure I am getting what I want   :)  Thanks,  Craig
ISAIH 41:10 ROMANS 10:13
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mohawk bows.........
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
vince is a great guy to talk to, I have one coming once I save the money for it, I like the classic D shape
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline Ron B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
You will make a good choice. Good craftsmanship, nice product and a reasonable price. I love the bamboo and cocobolo combination. If you can spend a few bucks call the guys at Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear in Arvada Colorado. You pay shipping and give them a credit card number and they will send you one to try out. I was up th er last week and they had a number of Mohawks (all right handed though).

Ron B

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Excellent Decision,, Vince is "TOPS" and builds a "Super" smooth Shootin classic L/B !!!

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Thank you gentlemen......... hopefully I can get rid of an old crossbow and a crbine here shortly and get myself one. I have looked thru websites and magazines and his really stuck in my head. Plus, I noticed when you see them used they are not for sale long. Thanks again  ;)   Craig
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Just PM'd him....... I guess I need to come up with a fw hundred dollars quick   :archer:
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
cmh all's you have to do is hit his home page on his website and see the referrals. They are from all the  Trad Gangers that shoot his bows if you have any second thoughts! By the way my Bud Vince is the real deal. He's keeping his prices low so you folks can afford a quality D style longbow  without breaking the bank,robbing from the kids college funds,  taking food out of your babies mouths, etc etc. He just loves making bows!

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
Quietest bow I have ever shot.  Vince is a pleasure to deal with.  You will not be dissapointed.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
You won't find a better bow at twice the price!

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
WOW!!!!!!! Have already had my PM answered and will be giving Vince a call tomorrow. You guys are not joking. I am liking this deal already   ;)   Thanks, Craig
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
For the ultimate smooth pulling 'Hawk, I would advise all Tonkin cane limbs - cores and veneers.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
I 2nd Rob,, & Vinces Cocobolo is "Real" sharp also !! Good Luck w/ the Bow, Im sure you'll Love It !!!

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
Hello, thanks again to each of you. Called Vince today and ordered my cocobolo w/ bocote and bamboo longbow    :)   Looking forward to shooting without all the gadgetry again.    ;)    Craig
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Offline uglyjake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
I will have to call Vince too.  I have only shot recurves however I want to try a longbow.  Arthur

Offline Ausable

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
I'm have a bunch of nice bows and my Mohawk takedown is getting the call for an elk hunt next week in Oregon. Great design, quality and customer service.
McCullough Griffin x 2
Meland Pronghorn
Morrison Shawnee
Migliorato Mohawk

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
I already have a "short" longbow in the collection but thanks to Tom(bentpole) I may still have to put in an order for one of these. You can't beat the price for such a smooth shooter.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Tom's Mohawk sure is whisper quiet.  Too bad it wasn't a left so I could try it out.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Well ,Thank You Vaughn and Patrick! Vince at Mohawk will be happy with your report also. Patrick, you can always give Vince a shout. He should have a lefty laying around for you to try out if you like. Check the Sponsors Classifieds. Patrick, I didn't see any left handed bows there but you can call him. Warning if he does send you one you might just have to keep it and send him a check.

Online Rick Wiltshire

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
I have two - one with all yew limbs and one with bamboo core with the back & belly yew.  For me, I prefer the all yew limbs.  The yew bow is my bow for my upcoming elk hunt.  Plenty fast, quiet, and accurate.

Offline cmh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Hello, after speaking to Vince a few times I can say he is a heck of a good guy. Seemed like he wanted to make sure I got exactly what I wanted...... not the other way around. I for one am counting the days until my Mohawk longbow arrives  :thumbsup:    Craig
GOD BLESS..........

>>>>--------------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©