3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Have you ever tried this for pratice?  (Read 297 times)

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Have you ever tried this for pratice?
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
This summer been really working on my form, follow through, shooting less and making each shot count more, still around 100 a night when I can. I practice a lot at the last few minutes of light, cause thats when I have taken most of my deer around here in the evenings, and I use bright flo/chartreuse nocks,fletches, wraps and can really see them,even at plum dark when shooting my deer target. So I tried shooting some arrows with dark orange feathers and nocks that I couldnt see where they were hitting till i went to pull them, so I concentrated real hard on the target and doing everything right. I was set for disapointment, but knew they had all hit the target, thump, so shouldnt be too bad. Too my suprise and delite, all6 were all centerd in the shoulder in about a 4" diameter! I was shooting 20-25 yds back and forth, left to right, and it hit me that this must be what some of the old timers were doing when the talked about shooting at candles in the dark? With our deer season opening Sept. 6th, and I am on vacation the first 10 days, I am really stoked. All the shooting, tuning and conditioning tips I have learned from you all are paying great dividends, and you fine folks deserve as much credit as I do for being ready for the season. I Just wanted to say thanks all, and see if any one else has ever tried this. Sam.
samuel koger

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Have you ever tried this for pratice?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
I resemble that remark about theold timers.
I love to shoot candles in the dark. I'm shooting my bag taret painted black at night. I have a 4" hole shot in the cover it sounds different when centered or outside  of that hole
 Like you say really makes you concentrate on each shot. Just switched to two fingers under and getting ready for bear hunt in a week.

Offline B4NZ41

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
Every once in a while when it gets dark sooner than I'm ready to stop shooting my bow, I'll light up a few small cheap candles, place them in front of my target, and shoot at them. Only problem is if you put the arrow just above a candle without blowing it out you might catch your arrow on fire.

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
A laser pointer works good too when its late...just point it at the target...

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Harmless

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
I burnt up an arrow one night shooting at a candle. My second shot, just about a half inch above the flame and poof !!! gasket laquer is very flamable
Hoots custom, lil Hoot
Blackwidow PSA111
Dwyer Dauntless
and a whole bunch of Bears

>>-Shoot Straight-->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©