3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Leather Possibles Bag with Quiver....How Many Use?  (Read 334 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Leather Possibles Bag with Quiver....How Many Use?
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »
Hey all,

I would like to know more about this style of quiver.  It seems that they would be pretty useful in that you can carry all your stuff that you need in the bag and have your arrows right there with it without having to fool with a different strap.

If you use one how about posting your experiences with it?  If you have pics of one that you made from scratch, I'd like to see.  Which one do you think is more useful and practical in the field, one like the Possibles bag & Quiver combo or one like the Simmons Bushmaster quiver and its relatives with side pouches?

http://www.simmonssharks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SimmonsSharks.com&Product_Code=SA-200&Category_Code=On-The-Trail  ?

Thanks for the time.

Nala

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Leather Possibles Bag with Quiver....How Many Use?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
I have one made by German Ridge.  It works great.  Like you said I can carry anything I need for a morning or afternoon hunt and my arrows are right there.  You can easily access your arrows without even looking down with minimal movement.  I really like them for still hunting for this reason and also it is quiet and it moves easy through the thick stuff as well.  Here is a link to the one I have.  

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=14&s=74&p=0&i=6844
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
I've tried most of them with mixed results, but this season I'm using Rod Jenkins' "Arrowmaster".  Have you checked it out?

There's an 8-9 page thread here somewhere
Lon Scott

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
Here's one I made of elk leather and an old Bear quiver that I call "The MacGyver Quiver".  It's got everything I need close at hand, but I do not care for the rear exposure of the arrows.  

Lon Scott

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
That's a nice looking quiver, Lon.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
my 13 yr old..jake....

TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©