3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: So happy with MI DNR  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
So happy with MI DNR
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
Well the MI DNR made what I think was a great change to the turkey season. Now in the UP there is only one unit and one longer season. For me this is great because I may or may not be able to hunt the farm I did last year, so I may be on public land. What do you guys think of the change.  

I cant wait, I just order a little chopper so I can fletch up some of my arrows with the turkey feathers I got last year.  

Only 3 and a half months to go.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: So happy with MI DNR
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
How long will the season be now ?  

I am still a non-resident, till I retire, but have a small place near Escanaba where I hang out quite a bit. Hope to call it home after a bit.
ChuckC

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
April 23- May 31, all one season this year instead of the 3 different seasons. At least thats how I read it.

I was just in Esky last night, my sister has a great place on little bay. I see at least 10 birds each time I go down there, and a some trips I have seen over 30.

I dont know if you fish there but there are guys out on the ice, CRAZY. It hasnt been vary cold at all.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 10:36:00 AM »
Lots of big birds around that area.  They seem to flock up in the winter and we have seen huge flocks some years.  I don't get to spend enough time up there yet.   As I said, I hope to get back up there full time when I retire.  I fish, but not on ice in this kind of weather,  I agree....not enough cold has happened yet for this boy to be walking on water.  I was trying to decide if I should drive up ther today, but then.. thought that it would be a good day to get more chores done.  Always got chores....
ChuckC

Offline Old Ways

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
Wow. That is hard statement to make. To actually be happy with something the Michigan DNR. Guess I'm still upset with them for way they have managed the deer population here.

Looks like your season up there is that long. Down here it is still broken into 2 or 3 shorter seasons. I'm looking forward to the spring turkey hunt too. Hope to actually shoot one this year. Missed two nice toms with the bow last season.
"You dishonor an animal if you take it's spirit without knowing  and respecting the way it lived."

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:21:00 PM »
I seen a few nice longbeards during deer season, including a bearded hen that had a ground dragger. I'm hoping they'll stick around for the spring. I haven't got one yet with my bow. My buddies keep telling me to use a gun but I refuse. There have been a dozen times where I could have shot one if I had a gun. I guess I'm stubborn!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Pasty Face

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 07:24:00 AM »
I know what you mean Old Ways, not much good to say about the deer managment these days, but at the same time in my area the deer pops. are more afected by weather (snow) and loging then they are by what the DNR dose and dosnt do.

Arwin, way to stick with it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©