3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA Trad gangers, interested?  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
PA Trad gangers, interested?
« on: February 25, 2007, 05:33:00 AM »
I've been seeing a lot of threads in this forum as well as others about lack of deer and too many coyotes in PA. First, I would like to invite any of you willing to come to the Poconos, please come and hunt with me. Let meet each other and have fun. There is a lot of state land near my home, lots of access, and lots of deer there. I don't see many bow hunters either.
Second issue. The State of PA allows Coyote hunting 365 days a year, day or night except during deer seasons (day only). Use this as an excuse to get out and hunt when all other seasons are closed. If you are feeling that yotes are impacting the deer, here is your chance to go get 'em. I see yotes often, and still see a lot of deer. Any one?
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline jimneye

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA Trad gangers, interested?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »
Where are you located Jerry? I'm in Mckean co. Smethport area. Plenty of deer here too but you have to earn them.
I've hunted almost every day of my life.....the rest were just wasted

Offline jbuck9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Hi Jerry, I hunt the the poconos all of the time and your right loaded with yotes found many deer in the past few years with there butts eaten out, you may be suprized, but  the bear do there fair share also, mostly on fawns. whats your location, maybe we can get together, and shoot a few, meanwhile you shoot straight, jbuck

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
I'd Love to.
I just got a brand new Amerastep penthouse blind.
It's just beg'n to be used.
What part of the Poconos.I'm in Dingmans Ferry,Next to Milford.

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
I'm interested as well. I PM'd you Mike.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Pocono's aren't that far from SOPRANOVILLE .My brother in law had an a-frame in Lordsvalley Hemlock Farms to be exact man oh man should've bought that little house.My stompin grounds are right on the other side of the Delaware between the Dingmans and the Milford bridge.Where are we talkin Jerry Delaware State Forest? Whats a nonresident license go for and how long is it good for. Let me know what dates we're talkin about too.

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
I'm down in Lehigh County but let me know and I'll try to make it up for a trad gang event   :thumbsup:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I might be interested in a get together . It is a little far for me but I'm always up for a road trip !
Bill
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I lived in Port Jervis for a couple years and traveled through the WaterGap for work quite a bit as far as Stroudsburgh.I was amazed at how many deer I saw even in residential areas.Ive been itching to hunt down there, my inlaws live in Matamoras but they hunt further west.Keep me in mind if you get a trad get together going Id drive down in a minute.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
I'm in Schuylkill county, but I work mainly in Monroe county for a construction county.  Been working in Stroudsburg for the better part of the last year.  I'd love to do something like that, but now is kinda iffy.  What, with an 8 month pregnant wife and all.  I'd be in though for other times.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Jerry,
      I'm in N.E. Ohio but have been reading all the threads about these fantastic trad-gang hunts and would be willing to make the trip if at all possible
               Shoot Straight  :archer:
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Wow, what a great response. Funny a lot of you mentioned Stroudsburg. That's where I live. I do hunt Delaware state forest. Don't get me wrong, the deer are here, but you have to earn them just like any other place. Bentpole, I hunt a lot around where you are hunting.
Archery season is the month of Oct. I would like to do some thing early season since I hunt NJ mostly. Any way, there are some big parking areas where any one from out of state could set up a camper or a motor coach.
Here is a link to the state DNR site for any additional info needed for out of staters etc.
 http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/
Let's try to follow up on this in the spirit of Terry's post about hunting with a trad group.  Opening week might be fun. Any other sugestions are welcome.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
Stoudsburg yeh man you guys that want to hunt Jersey you can come down to 209 or hop across the gap bridge and hit OLD MINE ROAD there's more places to hunt along old mine road than I've got hair on my head!Lets do it.You can count on me and Bucky for sure.Or on the Pa side up on 209 theres Delaware water gap National Rec Area plus Delaware St. Forest.Jerry how many acres are we talkin between Pa and Jersey A whole lot thats for sure!

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
i live in NY but go to school at east stroudsburg university, if you guys get something together i would love to try and make it. What would we be huntin yotes or deer?
Tim

Offline Bamboozle

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
Geeze...I grew up hunting deer in the very areas you guys are talking about! Old mine road....Hunted that and still recall missing a buck from about 15 yards with a recurve I finished from a Bingham kit. Since I was a Pa boy and I was hunting Jersey...I really felt like a world traveler of bowhunting. I was 17 then. I grew up in Bangor Pa. Have lived in Colorado for 25 years but still get home to hunt. I miss Pa. If thewre is a get-to-gether I may have to make the trip.
Get bamboo.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Bentpole, I'm not sure of the acres in total, but on the NJ side you got from the Gap all the way to the NY line. About the same over in PA. Like you say, more acres than hair on our heads. Miles and miles.
Tim, I hoping to get a group for early bow season on  deer, but if you want to do some yotes, that's cool too.

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
I'm all for the Yotes,way to many around here.

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »
I could offer a stalk and spot groundhog hunt in Lehigh County in the summmer as well if anybody gets the itch to take their stickbow for a walk.  I usually have good luck getting into shooting rangs of hogs on a local sgl.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
I have a camp in Pike county near Pecks Pond, I hunt that neck of the woods , Delaware state,SGL-180,209,116. I would be interrested

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
Hatchet Jack is that somewhere  in between Marshalls Creek and 739 in Delaware State Forest?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©