3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA Trad gangers, interested?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA Trad gangers, interested?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
I live in northern Berks County. As long as my screwy work schedule sill allow it I'm up for a get together.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 02:54:00 AM »
Hatchet Jack, I usually hunt the big swamp area just south of you on 402. Do you belong to that club with the huge fenced in lake? I hear that place is very big club.
Any one going to Whittingham, maybe we can get together and discuss this there over a camp fire.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Online Matt Fowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »
I'm game. I live down in bucks and have a cabin in Tioga. Would like to take a crack at some yotes.

Offline Yelloweye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
Hey, Jerry Sounds interesting pick a date. I would like to hook up.
We should really do something around the deer season also maybe.

I cut my teeth hunting in Pike County, Porters Lake that’s the fenced in club right along 402, turn right to the Irishman’s Swamp trial, my Grand Pop ran a camp there in the 30’s and 40’s, the trip was done by horse and wagon then up 402, Flat Ridge Road, Five Mile Meadow, Pecks Pond- Great Uncle had a cabin there, Hatchet Jack know Ned Snyder?
Tarkill area, Mud Pond, lots of great places. I have wanted to make a trip back up there but not sure how the hunting is now days.

First yote I ever seen was off the Flat ridge road I think that was about 1973 way before the game commission started stocking them, Ha, Ha you Pa guys will probably get that one.

Mike

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
OK, I'm keeping a lit of who is interested in Deer season and a list for coyots. Seems like there is 3 of us who need to hook up soon for some yote hunts.    :bigsmyl:  I'm looking foreward to meeting some of you and sharing the archery experience.   :archer:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »
YEH JERRY WHITTINGHAM excellent idea.

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Whittingham sounds great.

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
TTT

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
I'd do a spring yote hunt.

Offline Dale in Pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 06:55:00 PM »
Jerry,

How about getting a group together for a stump shoot.2 or 3 of us from Lehigh County go every weekend once archery season is over.

We usually go to Carbon or Monroe county but always looking for new areas.Let me know, Dale

Offline defiant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
Jerry,
     I live in stillwater nj,Sussex county.We should all try to meet at the Whittingham traditional rendezvous this april and shoot together and discuss future plans.Plenty of state land and deer here!What do you all think.
                       Frank

Offline Yelloweye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
When is the shoot at Whittingham?
And where is it, Whittingham I guess but have not heard of this shoot.

Mike

Offline defiant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Mike ,Whittingham is agreat shoot! If you are in Pa.you are close enough to drive and enjoy one of the best.Its in sussex couty nj(northwest),check out page94 of your Traditional Bowhunter for details.This year it is april27,28,29.Hope you can make it. Frank

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
Hope these links work
 TradNJ Flyer
or
 Appalachian Bowmen

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
Stillwater Plenty deer there.My buds from Pequest Valley Archery will be there with PLENTY of consignment bows too LOL.Hey Defiant did you ever hunt Blue Mountain Lake?

Offline defiant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Bentpole,I live at the bottom of the mountain,and got plenty of deer out of that area.Plenty of deer and land to hunt.Its the one area in nj you can pick up tracks and stillhunt deer for miles.I should mention being in good shape and having map skills will help.Need to watch your distance from AT hikers trail also.
             Frank

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
Stalker58. I have relatives in Milford, don't get back enough.  Grandparents used to live there and my grandfather built much of the stone houses in the older town in his younger days.  Orben family.  Been to Dingmans a bunch as a boy.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Sorry for the late comeback,bentpole,JerryJeffer! Yes Pecks Pond is about 15 miles north of MC. The DSF runs all along Rt402 in many spots. I do most of my deerhunting off 739 SGL180 on the ridge up from Smith Swamp. I also Bowhunt SGL 209, that is some rugged country over near the Delaware River.I Turkey Hunt the DSF near my camp at PeckPond in the spring and we do quite well. I shot a 18lb Gob 9" beard last spring. Lots of Turkey in  the DSF.The deer numbers are down though. The rifle hunters shot up all the does  :banghead:  . I will say there are some nice Rack Bucks around. Maybe we can hookup sometime and do some hunting with JJ. JerryJeffer that club is Blomming Grove and that is a millionare club only. You need big bucks to hunt in that club. I do hunt the DSF off of the Power line that buts up to their land. Lots's of scrub oak and food in this part of Pike Co. The deer numbers are down in Pike but the Turkey are behind every tree. I love Pike co and its many swamps. I wouldlove to hookup with you guys, maybe in the spring and fall! Keep in touch.

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Offline Robert Cunfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Hey Jerry and STD-Mike, I'm with Chet we stump shoot every weekend now till sept. give us a yell and come along would be great fun....You too Jbuck9-John. [email protected] e-mail..Bobby

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 04:14:00 AM »
Hatchet, I'm putting in for my spring Gobbler permit. Yeah nice woods around Delaware state forest all along 402. Also the area you mentioned along the Delaware is rugged. All the cutting the state has done is really kkeping the habitat nice allowing a lot of scrub oak to come up and blu berry bushes every where. So maybe we could try some turkey together as well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©