3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A Helpful tip..for long hike/ hunts.  (Read 242 times)

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
A Helpful tip..for long hike/ hunts.
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
For those of you who have been into running for distance, you will know this already. but for those of you that are going to the mountains or are going to be doing any long trek type hunts( and yes i am as jealous as humanly possible  :D  )
 Here is a little tip that might be a huge help..not to mention comfort  :readit:  

Take some some unscented deoderant, the anipersperant roll on kind ( do not use the gel) Anyway, take it and roll it onto your inner thighs where they may come into contact, be liberal if you are going on a longer hike. This will stop chafe from happening. So your a 125 soaking wet eh? well it will work on you too, especially going up hill where all of our legs come into contact  :bigsmyl:  

P.
"Dont let whats good, steal you away from whats best"

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A Helpful tip..for long hike/ hunts.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
TradPaul,  That is good advice with a caveat; make sure you can tolerate that particular antiperspirant.   I used one once that was worse than rolling naked in stinging nettle (Itch Weed).  Try before you pack it along or it could be much worse than any chafing.

By the way....I don't use it.  If your clothes fit you well, you rarely have such issues.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©