3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Harness free to good home  (Read 214 times)

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Harness free to good home
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:00 PM »
Well I finally spent the money on a vest style harness. I've been using a step-in one that came with one of my treestands for a while now and finally decided make the investment.  Long story short, I figured that if there is someone still using a belt or is just starting out and needs one, feel free to send me your address and I'll send it out post haste.  I'm 5'11'' and this one is a little hard to get into with all my cold weather stuff on, so you might want to keep it in mind if you are much taller than that.

That being said, I have been the recipient of a  whole mess of generosity from you all over the past year or so, and I don't feel right just giving out something I got for free with a stand.
So If you are new to the lifestyle and are in need of some stuff to get you going, make sure to let me know what might help as I am starting to develop quite the war chest, and I'm sure I have 3 or 4 of anything that might be of use.

Man that was long-winded and I'm a terrible typist.
Take care,
Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Harness free to good home
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »
Awesome generosity!!   Anyone in a tree without one, NEEDS one.  Thanks for keeping another Tradganger' safe this season!

:thumbsup:
Support the sport!

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Ya know, I was thinking about this very thing last night. Huntin' season is upon us, and nobody had started the annual harness give-away thread.

Let's all stay safe out there this year. I also have an extra harness if someone needs one.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline D. Johnston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
I have two young men just starting out hunting this fall with me that could use harnesess. I would be happy to accept a harness or two to keep them safer on stand. PM me and I will give you my address if you haven't found a home for them yet. Thanks. David Johnston

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
Sorry gents I got a pm for a worthy recipient this morning.  Seems like Fyrfyter might be just the man to oblige ya.  If there aren't any objections, feel free to keep this thread going and get as many harnesses as possible out to the group.  If anyone has another that is unaccounted for, pm me and I'll see if I can give out the contact info of another member who I had to turn down this afternoon.

Good luck and keep safe,
Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
David, sent you a pm...
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
David, just to let you know, I will be sending a harness out to you tomorrow.

Sorry it took me so long...my father in law passed away a week or so ago, and in all the confusion I just flat-out forgot about it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©