3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why I Rarely Contribute to TradGang...  (Read 1111 times)

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Why I Rarely Contribute to TradGang...
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
It's not that I don't want to but I can't see ANY of the photos.

I have been working away from home and have only had my work laptop since March and many employers block certain sites such as Photobucket so when it recognizes that format it won't show photos; many of the threads here have no real context without photos.

Actually, occassionally I see Terry Green's photos and for some reason I do see Ron LaClair's photos so maybe there is hope.  What is Ron doing differently?  Can everyone do what Ron is doing-LOL?

Is there any solution to this issue because if it's happening to me it's happening to others as well.  Is the only solution big $$ servers in house?

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why I Rarely Contribute to TradGang...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
Steve,
That is a real bummer for sure.  I just looked at Ron's photo and the come from his website instead of photobuck.  Thats probably why you see them.  Guess everyone is going to have to get their own website.  ;)   I'll try to talk my wife into that tonight. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
If your laptop has wireless ability, you may find that you can just go to a WiFi coffee shop or a Panera Bread or something and check Tradgang from there.

Silly work - blocking photobucket. :-p

Offline JUST-DOO-IT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
You should be able to bypass your companies proxy or firewall when using the laptop outside of work.  Look at the configuration options in the browser.

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
Photo bucket is blocked at my werkplace.  But I can see the pix fine at home.. It all depends on where the image is stored.

Your  option is to get a connection at the house..
Damn Nice guy

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
I am in the same boat as you. The strange thing is I can see most picks on the LW??? But not here??
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
Its your browser not your server.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline blueline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »
"If your laptop has wireless ability, you may find that you can just go to a WiFi coffee shop or a Panera Bread or something and check Tradgang from there."  

How many starbucks lined up along that pipeline????

STEVE that is a real simple fix, I just need to get to Alaska to fix it for ya!!!  LOL

Sorry I will stop poking fun at ya....

I do beleave it's in your set up though, PM me if you like

blueline
Blueline

Mahaska  66" 47 @ 29
Morrison 58" 54 @ 28
Bear grizzly 58" 45@28

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
Photobucket, photoschmucket!!!  Could there be anything easier to have a photo on your desktop or in my My Photos and cut and paste it to your reply as in the ***********!!!
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
I am basing my comments on your statement that you actually see some photos (e.g. Ron's and Terry's) verses your comment that I you cannot see ANY.  Obviously that is a contradiction.

So.... Here is a test...

1.) Can you see Ron LaClair's picture in this post?   http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=062270#000005

2.) Can you see TrapperDave's picture in this post?  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=063814;p=2#000016

3.) Can you see Curtis' (littlefeather) and not Shaun's pictures in this one
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=046528;p=3#000034

4.) And lastly can you see the beloved Tippit and the incredible beautiful 3 rivers ......cough .... bow :-) above?

If the answer this is 1.)yes 2.)no 3.)yes 4.) yes then I am betting big on a work filter situation.  If the answer is all no to all, then I am guessing your browser has pics turned off which is easily fixable if anything just for th 3 rivers add along.

Some of the test pictures are served from Tradgang site which clearly you have access to.  The second is served from "the bucket" which you said you cannot get to.

And though you are working from home, I would bet you are getting access through your company via direct dialup and/or a company VPN.  The good part is you can safely get to your company's stuff, the bad part is that you can only get to the company's stuff (and not photo bucket because they say no).

The other workarounds (Starbucks, libraries, McDonald) may work but only if you don't have a corporate VPN connection.  And of course there are ways around that too, but I am not going there as you may even have a company policy that says - you cannot go around our stuff period.

Good luck.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »
It,

Correct, yes, no, yes, yes.

I do not have wireless or the luxury of beng able to get to anywhere where I could "tune in" even if I did.  Remember I am in Alaska, not a suburb back east.

Yes, I can see Leaterwall (can I say that on here?) photos, no problem.  Very user friendly to add and view photos overthere....BUT I usually don't really care if I share too much over there, I wanna share with YOU guys!

Offline wvboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Photobucket is blocked at my work and i'm too busy at home to look at the photos on my computer.   :)   Is there a reason why TG can't support uploading photos like the Lwall??

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
"Is the only solution big $$ servers in house?"

Hey Terry, when I asked this question I was meaning is the only fix for TG to have big $$ servers in YOUR house, LOL!  I'm trying to help you spend some money but think of all the control you could have!

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
I particiapte at a few other sites where they have in house photo galleries.  I know the admin  of one very well.  The galleries are a pain as they take a lot of storage space.  Tha admins are always having a hassle of moving  old files to an archive file. This creates other problems.  It is just easier to use an outside storage site.
Damn Nice guy

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »
It's ok that you rarely contribute...we're all kinda pissed at you anyway for living in Alaska while we're down here in the land of humidity.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
I agree with Biggie and besides...where else can you go and laff cawz folks is mad atcha??
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
Oh Alaska.   Well :-ppPPpppp  I retract my wifi coffee shop idea (perhaps you could find a moose with a wireless router strapped to his back?).

I guess I ought to pay better attention to the From: bit.  Hehe.

Is it even an option to get an internet connection of any sort at your home?  Failing that, how about we come up with some scam to help you convince your employer that photobucket is necessary for ... research or something?  :-D

Offline Johner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
steve

Do a google search for 'anonymous proxy'

As long as your employer doesn't have all of these blocked you can browse to tradgang.com through the anonymous proxy servers.  You essentially are relaying information through someone else that doesn't block the content.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »
A new laptop can be had for less than the price of a bow nowadays.    :D
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »
Vermonster,
I can't believe you said that.
Let's see now, a new bow or a new laptop.
A new bow. Who needs pictures anyhow?
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©