3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bowyer's Journal under new ownership  (Read 340 times)

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
Bowyer's Journal under new ownership
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
Hi folks. As you know, I have been entertaining offers for the sale of the magazine. It was a tough decision but I feel that I have brought the magazine as far as I can take it. I'm very proud of what we have accomplished in only 3 years. I could never have dreamed that we would be sending copies of my little magazine to over 30 countries. And this would never have been possible without the input and support of all of you so I'd like to say thank you again.

I know just enough about publishing to be dangerous, and when I started I knew nothing. The magazine has grown to a point where it needs to be nurtured, marketed and developed on a full time basis with knowledgeable folks at the helm. After meeting with several corporate publishers, I knew immediately that I would certainly rather turn over my hard work to a smaller scale operation, and hopefully to someone who loves and understands traditional archery and the bowyer craft. I'm happy to report that we have found just such an individual to take over.

His name is Tom Colstad and he is a traditional archer and bowyer from small town Wisconsin. He has experience in newspaper and magazine publishing. After speaking with him on the phone and over the internet the last few months, I felt confident that his vision for the magazine was in line with what our readers have come to expect. After spending the weekend with Tom in person recently, I now KNOW that he has the passion and the experience to take The Bowyer's Journal to the next level.

My ownership of the magazine may have ceased, but my journey with her has not. I will be contributing when I can with articles and helping Tom while we work through the transfer. I ask that you join me in helping him and the magazine by continuing your support and contributions. Help Tom take The Bowyer's Journal to the next level and continue the wonderful growth of the craft we hold so dear. Thank you all.

In the near future, we will be changing phone numbers and addresses and other pertinent info. I ask that you please be patient with us through the transition. Tom had former plans for a hunt out west but he will probably stop by the message board to introduce himself when he returns. Take care and God bless.

Brian Halbleib
Founder
The Bowyer's Journal

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bowyer's Journal under new ownership
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Where from WI is Tom from?
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Greg in Delton MI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
Good luck in the future Brian
Greg

Long as I can pull this bow
Long as I can hike the hills and walk among the trees
I keep on trying
My goals are high but I don't care
The fun is in the getting there, it justifies the end
So try, try again

Mark Baker, "Feathers thru the Wind"

Offline The Singing Bowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Good luck to you Brian! I am looking forward to meeting Tom at some point and watching what he does with the magazine in years to come...
Shoot Straight,
Chad K. Slagle

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
Excellent choice for a new owner.  Tom will no doubt do a fantastic job.  For a sample of his work, might check out the Stumpshooter, the quarterly publication of the Wisconsin Traditional Archers.

Richard:  Irma, Wisconsin.

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Good luck and thank you Brian.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:23:00 PM »
Thanks Brian, for all you've done.  Tim
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Good luck Brian. I'm looking forward to Tom's contributions to The Bowyers Journal and will give him all the support I gave to you and The Bowyers Journal.  Thanks, Brian for all you have done for traditional archery and the hard work you put into The Bowyers Journal.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline B M A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Good luck to you and your new life outside the magazine.  Thank you for the hard work you have put into The Bowyers Journal. It is a fine publication that I am proud to support and is enjoyed very much.  We look forward to future articles from you.

Brock

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
You guys will like Tom. A good guy, with a nice touch at the keyboard. He does a nice job with our newsletter, so I expect the same and more from him with the Journal.
   Right now he's on his way to Colorado for elk, so he won't be home for over a week. If his hunting accomplice scores on one, I'll be savoring elk steaks in deer camp this Fall. I'll have to do the cooking of course, but it's tough to complain when you have a belly full of elk meat.

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
good luck brian, you developed a great magazine, thank you very much, dan little.
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline donnyjack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
Thank you Brian for all your work and vision with the Bowyers Journal. You've set a high standard for Tom but based on whats being said about him it sounds like he'll do fine and I'm looking forward to his first copy.

Don Jackson
President
Louisiana Traditional Bowman
Love Life, Bowhunt, Flyfish, and Play a Martin Guitar                        :thumbsup:

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
Brian,

I'm glad things are working out for you and your excellant magazine! Now you can spend more time with family like you wanted. Good for you!

And thanks for giving me an outlet for my 'toons.

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Dale Hajas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »
Well now Brian just thinkin about the 1st few bownazas....  :bigsmyl:  

You've come a long way pilgrim  :clapper:
"So long as the new moon returns in Heaven a bent, beautiful bow,
so long will the fascination of archery keep hold the hearts of men"

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Congrats Brian on your accomplishments. And thank you for a great magazine. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
Brian, Thanks for what you have done and continue to do promoting the spirit of the bow.  Mike

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
Tom called me a few days ago to give me the news, and it is excellent news indeed!  Tom has an extensive background in the newspaper business, and when combined with his love and passion for traditional archery, he is the perfect person to take The Bowyers Journal on to new heights.  

I'm really glad to hear this all worked out for you Brian.  You baby is in good hands, and now you will have the time to devote to your family.

As mentioned, Tom is currently in Colorado (Working on his first story!) so he won't be on here for a bit.  But I know all subscribers are going to be very happy with what Tom willo bring to the magazine.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
I am just posting so more people can see this.

This sounds like a good move for both my friend Brian and Tom, and I look forward to the Bowyer's Journal continuing to be an excellent resource.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©