3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank You Fred Eichler  (Read 576 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank You Fred Eichler
« on: August 27, 2008, 10:36:00 PM »
Last week I got a copy of Traditional Easton bowhunting TV w/ Fred Eichler. It's a 2 disk set with 20 Traditional bow hunts. As I was watching the second disk there was a glitch in Fred's Shiras moose hunt. I wrote Fred to tell him about it and that his DVD was Great. I like Fred better then most of the other TV hunters. Mainly because Fred is like all of Us, Not that he uses a Traditional bow, but he is a normal John Doe hunter. Anyway, Fred forward my email to the powers to be and Easton is sending me a new copy. I can't thank Fred enuff for doing that. Now if no one has a copy of this DVD, You should get one after they get the new ones out. Fred Great Job on the hunts, You made me LMAO at the sametime You had me thinking I was there on the hunt. Again Thanx for forwarding my email.

Just wanted to share this with other members that might want a good & funee Trad bow hunt DVD & to Thank Fred. I want to grow up (43) and be like Fred     :archer:

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank You Fred Eichler
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
:thumbsup:   Thumbs up to Fred from me, I love his dvd aswell.  A great guy and hunter, not a "trophy" hunter but a real hunter.  Meat is all he cares about as with myself.  

Like I said before, antler soup doesn't go well with toast.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:55:00 PM »
yeah he's got a pretty decent show. Does anyone know if his early dvd's were better or worse than his new show?

His new show is fine but does spend a bit too much time in blinds, or on the edge of agricultural fields, etc. Fine if you want to do it but god awful boring to watch.

Not to say anything bad about him, he does cool hunts too. Chasing mule deer in flat terrain and stuff.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:00 AM »
by far my favourite bowhunter at the moment, realy good to see someone so enthusiastic about about hunting. compared to most of the hunting shows his is far better.
he's got an incredible ability to make great shots in the field.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:49:00 AM »
Fred is one of the good guys. This TV stuff hasn't gone to his head. I'm sure Easton wants to encompass all aspects of hunting and that would include ground blinds and hunting field edges. He's living the dream for most of us, making a living bowhunting. And just like most of us, he has bosses he has to please  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Swamp Pygmy:
yeah he's got a pretty decent show. Does anyone know if his early dvd's were better or worse than his new show?

His new show is fine but does spend a bit too much time in blinds, or on the edge of agricultural fields, etc. Fine if you want to do it but god awful boring to watch.

Not to say anything bad about him, he does cool hunts too. Chasing mule deer in flat terrain and stuff.
This DVD has Fred up in Alaska, running up & down big mountains, walking in marsh lands and there was a 15 day prong horn hunt. I also have all 5 of of His Traditional Harvest DVD's.

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:28:00 AM »
Where can I get these DVD's????
ARCHER

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »
3 Rivers Archery has them plus many more from Fred Eichler and others. They also have a lot of Fred Bears DVD's Too.

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
Thanks.
ARCHER

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:24:00 AM »
Anytime.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:00 AM »
I really like his down to earth actions and talk. He is someone who in his heart loves bowhunting and can get excited about it.   Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline charles suttles

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
I purchased a turkey hunt, Fred had donated to Compton. He is more fun in person than on TV and his wife and family were great to be with. All went out of their way to see that every one was having a good time. One of best trips ever! Charles

Offline bbairborne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »
Fred is Great!  Got to love his enthusiasm.  Reminds me of a kid at Christmas. Well.... I guess we are all like that.    ;)

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
thanks. I saw them a 3r. I wanna get an old Bear show too. I've never seen one.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
He seems to be a very funny, likeable guy who would be a blast to hunt with.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
I like Fred's shows, he loves what he is doing in the outdoors and his entire family is involved! Kudos to you Fred! To bad he is not a member here as well!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Longbowz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
Seems like a pretty decent guy.  I like his enthusiasm no matter what the quarry.  He also goes on some pretty exciting hunts. I like the fact that no matter what he's hunting there isn't any funny business going on like some other TV hunters seem to get themselves into.

I have all of the TV show DVD's and I'm just starting into his traditional series of DVD's.  All good stuff.
  :clapper:
I find the older I get, the less I used to know!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »
BowHuntingFool, He is a member here He is "justabowhunter"

Offline Maddog 66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
The best piece of hunting video I've ever seen is when he shot that giant brown bear on a seal carcass with his recurve - twice.  Absolutely smoked him!  And then started yelling at his scared crapless guide with the  rifle..... DON'T SHOOT MY BEAR, DON'T SHOOT MY BEAR!!!!!

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »
Yeah I agree Fred is awesome. I met him last year at the United Bowhunters of N.J. game dinner. He was the guest speaker. Instead of talking boring stuff he told us some really great stories about his younger days as an up and coming guide and stuff. He had us all rolling laughing hysterically. If you ever meet him ask him to tell the story about the dingle berries!! By far the funniest story ever.
I got to talk a little bit with him take a picture and have him sign a copy of his bowhunting western big game book.

Hands down the most real guy you'll ever meet.  Skippy

Here's me and my dad with Fred at the dinner. I dream of hunting monster bull elk with Fred someday.
  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:  

Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©