3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3- rivers tomahawk bows?  (Read 331 times)

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
3- rivers tomahawk bows?
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
i have been shooting a custom built longbow for a while now and noticed the riser cracked on it.  i guess i am forced to get a new onw when the funds come available. i have always wanted a tomahawk, but do not know how they shoot.  i am locator grip person.  does the tomahawks have a locator grip--i can see the pics but feeling is the thing for me.  i do not think i could shoot a straight grip very well, like on the hill bows.  which one should i look at for smooth shooting?  i have considered the the thunderstorm and ss.  any suggestions?

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3- rivers tomahawk bows?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
I had a Woodland Hunter SS for a short while.  It was a very nice bow.  It does have a locator grip and the SS models are very smooth.  I dont think you could go wrong with one.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mrgreenhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
If i were you id get a treaday new desighn and you wont be sorry . Or a shrew ive always wanted a lefty shrew maybe next year

Offline Sticks2117

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
Tomahawk has a 30 day money back guarantee (you can't go wrong with that) if you don't like it send it back.
Big Jims Thunderchild 53# @ 26"
Zbow Z58 TD hunter 55# @ 27" (RIP)
Ferguson Patriot by Bear 55#@28
Ferguson Redhawk 66" 60# @ 28
GN Critter Gitter 60#@28
LM North American Hunting Club
Wisconsin Bowhunters Member
NRA Member

Offline findbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
Haven't shot or  owned a Tomahawk bow .But have been dealing with 3 Rivers Archery  for 15 years . They have been very helpful and more then willing to answer any of my question . Good Luck on your bow Quest

Offline sticknstring_AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
I love mine, it does have a locator grip.  But I don't use much of mine, T-Hawks seem to like a low-wrist grip on you're bow-hand.  But like all other things, a great bow to one person is a not so great bow to another.

Give one a try, doesn't hurt to try.  Plus they have a 90 day same-as-cash program.  And they carry a 30 day money back guarantee.

Steve
"PETA=People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" unknown

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
What kinda pounds and length you looking for? I have a couple 08 models I'm thinking of selling.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
I never could shoot a longbow with a hill style handle, then I tried a Tradtech Pinnacle with longbow limbs. One of the sweetest shooting, fastest bows i have ever shot, had to buy one, and they have ILF limb fittings, can buy matching recurve limbs from the same maker or lots of other companys. Whatever you buy, shoot one first.
samuel koger

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
Owned a Woodland Tomahawk for awhile,great bow.I did have a time trying to quiet it down tho,but it sure was a shooter.Ended up selling it to finance another Silvertip Longbow,their new 3pc.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline fountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
varmit several have told me that a silvertip is hard to beat.
i am wanting 50@28.  nothing super heave, but something i can comfortably hold.  with my long draw it will be a few more than 50.  it is still up in the air as to what i will do.  i am talking with a guy about building me a bow.  the barta bows are also worthy mentioning.  the one my dad had was aewsome--just too light in pounds.  he got a 45 and needed a 50.  half he price of a tomahawk and i know it shoots great.
just too many decisions and not enough money!

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Mine are too heavy! Got a 65 pounder and a 60.

Offline Teacher_of_the_Arcane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
Hi All,

My wife has a Thunderstorm 58" long, and 25# @ 26".....took three or four months to get it as it's not a normal draw length or weight.  Mine is the Diamond T/D, 62" long, and 50# @ 28".  I had the good fortune to buy mine (like new) from another Tradganger at a very nice price.  Check out the classifieds.

As I push on toward 60 years old, I don't expect to buy another bow.  We enjoy shooting them very much, and hope you will also.
Lobo Lohr -- Old School Hunter

Offline JWD in VA.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
I am currently shootin the " SS " 40 lbs at 28". Smooth bow but it does not seem to stack with my draw at 31". Trying carbons for the first time and they seem to be the ticket with a heavier bh. Will know more in the coming weeks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©