3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: An evenings reflection in the high desert  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
An evenings reflection in the high desert
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »
I step out my back door and wander out to the back of my property, bow in hand and a heart full of joy and memories being fresh back from a hunt in another place where I made them, along with some new friends. The sun is starting to slowly set behind the majestic Mt. Baldy that is the backdrop view from my kitchen window. The clouds in the sky above have soaked in the suns fading magnificense and they exude a fiery amber red glow that lifts my spirit.

There is a light breeze wafting with the scent of desert sage that always makes me want to take a deeper breath! As I begin my descent down into the vast wash that the critters we so love to engage wits with inhabit, I pass the spot where my Grandmother's (my mentor and hero) ashes were spread overlooking the little canyon where the hawks fly free and the sun spends most of it's time shining down upon. I say a prayer and say "come on gramma....let's go for a walk".

With my spirit guide by my side and in my heart we drop into the canyon. The coyotes are starting to yip and cackle as if to say "welcome back Mark" I smile and say...."hey fellas...I missed ya". A lone redtail hawk screeches above me. Man it feels good to be alive and never do I feel more so than when I am in this type of setting. To be be able to live and breathe and walk with God's creatures....to be a part of the GREAT circle I humbly and respectfully savor my place in it.My spirit rises another notch.

I stop and gaze at the skies changing colors like so many here have done before me. The thought comes to my mind ..."I am walking in their footsteps"....I am taking a step back in time and walking forward into the future all at once...BUT time seems to stop! All that there ever was...all that ever will be....has culminated right here, right now in this single moment! Nothing else exists in this moment just me and the Lord above...and he isn't talking OR is HE!?

The emotion is a bit overwhelming at this moment. I take a knee as the tears start to flow and give thanks to my creator...I feel so small and insignificant...yet here I am! Here WE are!My forefathers and all of my primal brothers and sisters that have shared or will share this same moment with me past, present or future! The world in this moment, the whole "time continuum" all makes  sense. There is only THIS moment and everything that was or will be exists in THIS moment as well.Yes, God has dealt me a good hand!

I stand up with my eyes closed and take another deep breath. I see clearer in this moment with my eyes closed than I could ever see with them open. I step forward with a renewed sense of who I am,...who I want to be and hope that I can carry the torch so to speak and do the right things when they are needed so that one day some other brother or sister of the bow ,long after I have passed...will take that same deep breath with their eyes closed and say......thank you Lord for allowing me to walk in these footsteps!

Thanks to any who read this for allowing me to be passionate. And thanks to all of you,.. my fellow TG brothers and sisters for sharing yourselves with me and being stellar examples of what we should all strive for as human beings! It's not what ya got, it's what ya give! Nowhere more so have I seen this in action than right here on TradGang.God Bless.

Mark

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: An evenings reflection in the high desert
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »
Such moments are blessings, and a direct connection to the All. They are what I seek in my hunts. Your description shot straight to my heart, and my spirit resonated. Thank you.

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline project mayhem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
Wow, thanks for sharing that.  You have just set a nice tone for my Sunday!  JW
Shoot it like you stole it!

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Mark, I call those "appreciation moments".  Those moments when we realize how blessed we are to be living that moment in time.  Enjoyed yours with you. Thanks for sharing,
Bill

Offline fling

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Mark I know what you mean. It was a nice evening in the high desert. I only wish I could have been out with my bow enjoying all of God's beauty but had other things to do. Well that was very nice. If your ever want too shoot or hunt send me an e-mail [email protected] God bless Jon

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
In this day of instant gratification and folks who seek the easiest path that requires the least amount of effort to reach a goal they are so focused on they never realize the real reward is the journey. It's a breath of fresh air to see someone else who really gets it.......Good to know I have a brother on the other side of the CA border.... Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.... Terry   :campfire:     :archer:
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Well said!
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Great!...thanks for sharing!

CAN WE TAKE UP A CONTRIBUTION TO GET THIS GUY A CAMERA??????

PICS!!!!!!!!  WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
"T" he does a great job painting a pic with just words......Like my Grandpa used to say....If it ain't broke don't fix it.....    :D  Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline bowdude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Thanks Deer Slayer!  That was beautiful and well put.    :clapper:

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
Could there be a righteous man in California?

Deer Slayer,
Thanks for putting into words some things that could never be put into words.

I feel'ya my brother.

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
This is exactly why I donned you, Mark Kimball,    

"MR. Wonderful"  

I say he too needs a camera, like Terry said...could you imagine the pictures a heart like this could capture?

You are truly a gift to us from God. Thank you for the beautiful moment you given us to share and for taking me back to many of these thoughts of my own that have been stored up in my heart.

Your friend and sister,

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »
Wow, I am truly flattered by your responses. I haven't been a tradbow hunter for very long or even a bowhunter period for very long. But traditional archery and bowhunting fits me, and it took hold of me hard and gives my romantic passion for the outdoors an outlet that no other could. My words and experiences would mean far less without people like all of you to share them with. Thank YOU for making this forum what it is....a haven and outlet for self expression and comraderie through our collective passions of this simple yet beautiful and quite mystical device we call the bow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©