3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need arrow help  (Read 258 times)

Offline csdqm2

• Trad Bowhunter
need arrow help
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
I am trying some carbons. Have been shooting cedar but carbon is easier to find local. My first couple have been flyin fletch to the left. Yes I'm right handed. Off the shelf and my recurve is cut past center. My woods fly pretty good, 560gr 11/32. Carbons I think are 5/16 and weigh about 475gr. Will building out the strike plate help? Thanks guys
"Allways do sober what you say you'll do drunk... It will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need arrow help
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Need more info,what carbons are you shooting,what spine are they.What is the bow poundage and your draw length,what is the length of the arrows and point weight? If they are flying fletch to the left,I would say they are too stiff.How do they hit bareshafted?

Offline csdqm2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
Ok, the arrows I'm currently trying, are Carbon express 45/60. My bow is 50lbs @28, I'm guessing about 54 at my 29 1/2" draw. As for bare shafted I havent tried yet. The next spine my local archery supply carries is the 30/50.
"Allways do sober what you say you'll do drunk... It will teach you to keep your mouth shut."

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
We need to know your point weight. and how long they are. If they are 30.5"s and you are shooting a 125 grain head than they are a bit stiff most likely and go up in point weight. Shawn
Shawn

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »
I would try the CE 45/60 at full length and go up in point weight and see how they fly bareshafted.What is your point weight and length now?

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »
Try adding weight up front.You may have to go up to 200or250gr.But if that screws you up for your hunting tip weight.Theirs adapters and brass inserts you can toy around with to get the weight you want.
Harold Wetzler

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©