3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loggy Bayou Stalker - climbing aid  (Read 246 times)

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
Loggy Bayou Stalker - climbing aid
« on: August 31, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
People who own or have used - any mods or other aids to use in place of this climbing aid?  The stand itself is nice enough, but the climbing aid design requiring two hands makes me leave it at home more often.  Love my LW alpha, but for all day sits, the stalker is a very comfortable and light alternative.

Ideas, alternatives?

Thx

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loggy Bayou Stalker - climbing aid
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
Why leave it at home? Years back I had a Loc On Spirit Climber, never used a climbing aid just hugged the tree. Too old now.... I use the climbing aid on my Bayou just bungee it to the stand and put backpack straps on the whole mess no muss no fuss.

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
It's the two hand adjustment of the climbing aid, along with the need slide on the tree facing jaws in a very straight way or it'l be tough to slide on...not easy in the dark...not sure why they couldn't go with a belt or cable idea for the same climbing aid...the lone wolf blows it away for ease of setup, use, etc...just not all day comfort, imo.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
Not easy in the dark? There are so many types of flashlights; eyeglass lights, elastic light sets etc etc. flashlight head set or like I did for many years small flash light in the mouth.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©