3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bull  (Read 561 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
bull
« on: August 31, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
just wanted to voice my opinion on a subject that needs addressing.i am sick and tired of fellow hunters who think they can block access to public roads and claim it as there hunting spot.had it happen yesterday(again) while taking a fellow traditionalist on his first elk hunt ever to one of my hot spots
  i have never been so pissed at a fellow hunter in all my life,they had beer cans everywhere,camp was spread across a forest service road,said we could'nt go any farther on road.haaaaaa i gave him 30 secs to clear a path or i would run his camp over,he then indicates he has a gun and i better leave them alone.so me being the more intelligent of the two of us i left and came back with a trooper who told him he had 5 to clear out and stay out or be cited.
 my whole and sole reason for posting this is people we are all hunters and we need to stick together as a team or none of us will be hunting anything after the antis are done.so remember this the next time you get into a scuffle with a fellow hunter...WE ARE ALL HUNTERS..thanks  :banghead:    :mad:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: bull
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.  Unfortunately, the fact that you are a hunter does not remotely correlate with you being a good or fair person.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
You can't fix stupid, you can only kill it!

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
if i wasn't a good person i'd be the one blocking the road
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Hats off to ya for handling it proper. I can be a hot head. But him just saying he had a gun is nuts, he should know that most people are packing them as well, and can intensify a bad situation in a hurry.

You did the right thing, it is just a shame that people do that. Never had that problem here in eastern NC.

Jason
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline john1271

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
way to keep your cool ,there are some nuts out there!
black creek banshe 41#@28 60"god bless and have a red letter day...

Offline VA Bowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:44:00 PM »
Watch your vehicles and belongings from here on in when hunting in that area.

I'd like to think I would have done the same thing as you did.  

Night might have been a very scary time in the woods for that camping party.
  :scared:    :rolleyes:
Bows, Broadheads & Backstraps

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »
Elkherder,
  I think you misunderstood me.  Maybe my choice of words wasn't so great.  I wasn't referring to you.  I was referring to the person that threatened you with a gun.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
you handled the right way. something like that would have really pushed my buttons. if a man threatens me with a gun he better fill his hands or shut his mouth.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Perhaps I'm silly, but why would you pitch camp on a roadway - regardless of how little it's traveled?  That's asking for trouble - the 4 wheeled kind, and I've yet to see a tent that hold up to a chevy...
Support the sport!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »
I am fortunate in that I have only run into a couple of real a338@7z in all the years that I have hunted. There was one whom I would have gladly shot, but didn't, so I am still free and can own weapons.

They give us all a bad name, break whatever rules they deem proper and trounce the rights of all who are unfortunate enough to come into contact with them. Their disrespect runs deep for all the gifts around them, and for all who meet them. I resent it highly when my hunt is tainted by such as these. I come to the mountains with an open, tender heart full of gratitude. I am taking communion up there, and seeking the sacred, seeking the basic fires of life. What a jarring clash occurs when I have to deal with callous oafs with their heads on upside down! I hope to heck I don't have to do so again, because as I grow older, I am becoming less tolerant. And I don't wanna go to jail.

Killdeer  :(
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
i hear ya Killy, the older i get the luckier i am for what i have and the more p.o. ed i get when gluttons soil the woods with their nasty selves. tuff to hold back but mom said she wouldn't bail me out again after the debacale last time!  :readit:    :knothead:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Often these fools suffer from APD - antisocial personality disorder - which causes them to have no respect for law or the rights of others. They can't help it and are not trying to be jerks. They have a disorder. It is often associated a rough childhood and is often complicated with substance abuse. I have some dealings with some men with this problem and have found it much easier to deal with them after I Googled the disorder and got some perspective.

Try to feel some compassion but do not try to be polite or negotiate. You did the correct thing to bring in the troopers who's job it is to deal with these situations. Glad you were physically unharmed as they will use intimidation and escalate to violence easily.

Don't let them feed on you attention or your resentment. Leave them behind and enjoy the remainder of your hunt. Good Hunting!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »
Killy, if you come to my prison I'll take care of you. Only if you let me hold your bows until you get out!  :thumbsup:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
no offense taken pdk...i am sure you never meant to offend.

Offline BrianP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »
The only elk open now in Western Wa is Newaukum...1 of 10 permits?  Lucky you.  Unless you or your buddy drew a tag, no elk hunting this Washigton until the Sept 8th.

But, then again, if you crossed the river into Oregon...well, all is fine.

Good Luck!

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
my favorite hunting area was burned up in a fire before last season so i'm kinda stuck on selections as to where to go...anybody out there who is interested in going into the eaglecap wilderness area next season? its a packin trip,unreal hunting,elk,mulies,bear are dumn as a box of rocks up there.i guided up there two seasons and i'm tellin ya its hot hunting up there,one of my clients got a 180 inch muley and a 330 bull in the same morning.we got the muley while stalking the bull.looking for two to three traditionalists to hunt with up there.cost is 1000 each for deluxe dropcamp(i'm hunting to not guiding) out of state license and elk tag is around 500.00 plus your cost for travel and we split the grub cost evenly.i will call for you and you'll return the favor when its my shot.prefer no drinking but will live with it.if interested let me know at [email protected]  larry....thanks for your time my brothers and sisters of the forest.  :campfire:

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »
i hunt oregon only brian

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 12:00:00 AM »
Originally posted by adkmountainken:
If a man threatens me with a gun he better fill his hands or shut his mouth.
Very well said, I LMAO when I read the post but, it's absolutely true.

Public land hunting is always a gamble but, for those of us who have no other options, encounters like these are inevitable from time to time. I'd like to think that I'd of handled the situation as well as you did but, like Killdeer, the older I get, the harder it is for me to hold my tongue. Rude or disrespectful behavior has always been one of the things that hits my "release the demon" button. When it's a fellow hunter it's even worse.

Good advice from VA Bowbender about keeping an eye on your stuff up there and, I love his idea of having some fun with them at night but, you might end up getting shot!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
i recall the first time this same exact thing happened on the same road around 12 years ago...the guys moved after i got out of my truck and said it was time to put up.then they proceeded to follow us around in the woods trying to cut in on us every time we had a bull going.i ended up showing them how far it was to the bottom of the mountain(where we had a quad stashed) they had a nice 5 mile hike back to top.never saw them again  :D

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©