3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jay Massey Books  (Read 364 times)

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
Jay Massey Books
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
does anyone know where to buy the Jay Massey books? as far as i know they are out of print and i can't get a hold of the publisher either. i think its too bad that the writings of a true legend of bowhunting and bowbuilding aren't available to the public anymore.
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jay Massey Books
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »
Gopher, The Thousand Campfires book is usally on the St Judes auction. The high bidder puts it back on after reading it (so far)
I've looked for it on some sites that deal in out of print books. Spotted it once but couldn't begin to afford it. The St Judes bid is a bargin by comparison if you arent collecting.

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
I have "The Bowyers Craft" and "The Book of Primitive Archery", both autographed to me by Jay...but you can't have them. d;^)
Jay got me started building bows, through his books, many years ago. He is probably my biggest archery hero!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline The Gopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
c'mon Mr B, i'll pay for shipping  :)
"The future is, of all things, the thing least like eternity. It is the most temporal part of time, for the past is frozen and no longer flows, and the present is all lit up with eternal rays." ~C.S. Lewis

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Dan, If you would like to borrow them to read you are welcome to. Send me a PM.       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
I was fortunate to order "The Bowyers Craft" from Jay in '87 and he autographed it to me with a nice note.  I feel bad I haven't built anything though.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
A great man... I have all 4 books autographed to me, but too cherished to part with any.

I agree, if his writings were more ready available to the younger generations, the highly controversial issues of high fencing, baiting, leasing, along with hunting profiteers and technical gadgetry such as trail-cams and such wouldn't be as predominate today.

He wrote about the future of hunting and envisioned the sad state of our hunting affairs today. I’m sure he’d be saddened and greatly disappointed had he seen it come to past.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©