3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bow bug  (Read 331 times)

Offline Double A

• Trad Bowhunter
bow bug
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
so now i have the new bow bug. looking for a good bang for buck recurve, would like a pretty bow but no need for too fancy.  at first glance i like a few that i'm seeing on ****
1. martin hatfield, howcome some martins say Howatt after them?
2. martin mamba, where does martin fall in the grand scheme of things?  i've read great things about their customer service and warranty
chek-mate hunter II,
what are the advantages/disadvantages of a takedown recurve vs. a one piece?

sorry to blitz you guys with questions!

Offline Double A

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bow bug
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »
baaaahhhhh

Offline Leo L.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bow bug
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
I've got the Hatfield.  It's an older model, 73-ish or so.  And I love it.  It was my first, and has pretty much been my only.  I'd say the only drawback to a takedown is, maybe, possibly getting a little creak from the limbs rubbing on the riser at the contact point.  I didn't really have this problem, but put some felt in between anyhow.  The other thing to pay attention to is that the limb bolts are tightened all the way, or you may have some "slapping" when fired.  I haven't had this problem either.  Advantages, well you can take it apart and it fits in your luggage easier.  Then you have to put it together which takes all of 3 minutes.  I used to take mine down all the time, now I just leave it all together.  No sense in taking it apart unless I travel.  It's a little heavy too.  Not all T/D recurves are this way.  I think it's an advantage though, helps me to keep a little more steady. I would love to have a one piece though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©