3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: THANK YOU! TRADGANG - The last package went out today!  (Read 4333 times)

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
THANK YOU! TRADGANG - The last package went out today!
« on: February 25, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Hi Gang,
Over the past few months there has been increasing interest by our membership in providing traditional archery gear to our troops serving in the Mideast. More recently, I was forwarded an email from one of our service members requesting just this. I have discussed the issue with Terry Green and I will be coordinating an effort to supply the troops with any traditional archery gear that the membership cares to donate. Here is a copy of the email....

(the email)I know that you probably get a lot of requests, but I was hoping that you might be able to help me. I am currently deployed with the Alaska National Guard (we have soldiers from Wyoming, California,Delaware Puerto Rico, South Carolina and Alabama) in Afghanistan. I am trying to establish a hunting DVD library for the soldiers here. We are all a bunch of rednecks and wish we could be hunting or fishing, but due to our deployment we will miss a season or two of hunting. If we had DVDs that we could watch it might help, any type of hunting, fishing or training video would be great. I know that I might be asking a lot but I am looking for donations of videos for my deployed soldiers. This would mean a lot to them to pass some of the time that we have here.

My Soldiers and I are also trying to establish an Archery Club The Denali Aces . We have very limited access to equipment and I was hoping that your company might be willing to assist us in this endeavor of ours. We have shooters of both hands that would like to participate. When I was in Iraq in 2004-2005 we were able to get enough equipment to get a good start for the next unit coming in. I understand that I am asking for a lot, but it is for my soldiers, to try and make our lives over here just a little more like home. We would appreciate any help and assist. We also appreciate your support.
1LT Randy Russell

If anyone has any equipment laying around that you would like to donate, and this can be anything traditional archery related - bows, arrows, gloves, tabs, bracers, arrows, points, books, DVD's, etc, etc,(NO CASH PLEASE), please post here and let the gang know what you have. All I ask is that you get your donation to me and I will be responsible for packing and shipping the equipment to the troops. Also, if any of you have any suggestions on how to proceed please let me know. Depending on the response, we may be able to supply several units with gear, it's all up to you........

Here's my address for those of you that will be sending items:

Bob Walker
301 Hayfield Pl.
Lynchburg, Virginia 24503

Just remember, Freedom is not Free, it is bought and paid for by our service members, past and present..........

http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Robert Honaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: THANK YOU! TRADGANG - The last package went out today!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
Bob,her is a list that I will send to ya.May take a few days,gonna refletch some of the arrows.I think if someone sends arrows they need to be ready to shoot,they won't have access to fletchers or have inserts or nocks to fit specific sized arrows.I have:1 rh leather tab,3 rh bear weather rests[new],1 neet hip quiver,2 125gr judos,1dz 2216 inserts,4 carbonwood 4000's with 175gr pts,3 2018's with 145gr pts,8 2216's with 175gr pts.All arrows feather fletched with nocks,inserts glued in.Let me know where to ship to.I wish I had my Bear Kodiak Hunter back ,I send it too.

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »
I've got a couple of gloves, fingertabs, arm guards and some other stuff I will send.  Please post the address I need to send them to.

A couple of years ago my police department gathered up alot of hunting magizines and gave them to a 1st. sgt.   She stayed behind and her job was to send her unit the supplies they  needed.   She was able to take the supplies we dontated and she slid them into the supplies that she was sending.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mark Maves

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »
I would be honored to send some support to our troops and be able to support some of my local troops.  I have a Spirit Longbow 62" 51# @ 28" that I will donate.  This bow is about 4 months old and in excellent condition. Let me know an address to ship to and it's in the mail.  Mark
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline buks2hunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
I can telll y'all that this is a big big moral booster. I was in Iraq from 3-05 / 4-06, and we built our own range from donations from folks back here in the states. When we left we had everything needed to refletch arrows, re serve strings heck we even had a portable bow press. It was such a big success that the base commander emploted us as the "wild dog " control on post.
Big bucks look good on the wall, but I still haven't found a way to tenderize those bones!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Bob,
Forward me your address so I can forward gear.
I have a 69" LH 66#  Wing longbow that is brand new never shot with soft case which I was going to sell, but I'm sure the men could use it more than I need the money, a shooting glove, arm guard and a new dozen cedar arrows cut to 29" with points.
Regards,
Jim
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Bob Sent you a PM
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Bob,

I'd like to you to check out the last issue of Traditional Bowhunter magazine, an article I personally wrote regarding just this exact subject matter.  I set up an archery range complete with 12 new AIM recurve bows, arrows, targets, a big box for all the stuff to store in, etc. for Military dependent kids in Hohenfels US Army base in Germany.  It was a rewarding experience to put the archery equipment together for the kids.  The US Army Major (name withheld) who put in the request from the Germany side of the pond used the stuff to train some kids how to shoot archery on one or very few occasions.  Then he transferred back to the states, took the equipment with him and that's the last I've heard of the stuff being used for military kids.
I am not trying to dampen this worthwhile cause but everyone should be reminded just how mobile these military men and women are.  There's not much in the way of consistency over the long run, save for the military's recreation department that is built in-house.  I raised $2000 worth of equipment that was used at best a handful of times and is now some guy's personal property.  The end result did not turn out to be like the military officer represented it to be at the beginning.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
Mike,
Thanks for the reply. The way the mail goes around here, the equipment will be to the troops by the time I even receive my copy of TBM, LOL!! I appreciate your concern, but we're not talking about dependents in Europe, were talking about our front line troops in the Mid East and while that type of thing could still possibly happen, I hope and pray that it will not. What I hope will happen is that the gear will be passed on from the units as new ones arrive and old ones come back home. It is my understanding from my wife, Brenda, who will be deploying back to the Mideast at the end of this month for her 3rd tour in 4 years, that they are only allowed to take (2) bags with them out of country so I do not expect that this gear will leave the troops until the troops come home. Anyway, thanks for your concern, but we are going to go ahead with this worthwhile project for those who wish to participate.
Take care and May God Bless,
Bob

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
Here is some PIC I took of equipment that was donated last year to me when I was in Iraq. I left it with the MWR of the local base, when I left. I hope they still have it for I know that I will be back. It is a great thing you are doing and some of you truly understand the sacrifice that is made. Thanks and God bless.

Thanks to a trad club in FL

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »
Bob,
Just an FYI, The Michigan Longbow Association has been sending archery equipment to our soldiers for a while now.  The guy you might want to talk is John Vasos ([email protected])he has a wealth of info on sending archery stuff to Iraq, you might want to hook up with him.
Jeff
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
Would any one be willing to chip in with me on a bow here in the classifieds.If we get enough we could buy a few.If that doesnt work Ill send some SW Asia Ribbon crested cedars.Whens the deadline?

Offline Anvil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
Hello Bob,
I have a hardly used Internature Viper longbow. 68" 53# @28". Nothing special but a good shooter. I will try to get it in the mail by Wednesday.
May God bless your effort and our troops as a result.
Curt
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.      Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-4

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
To all who have responded so far and those that will in the future I want to say THANK YOU!! I know that whatever we send will be greatly appreciated. As far as a deadline, right now there is none. As the gear comes in, I'll assemble the packages and ship. I will also post a detailed list of what I receive and what I ship and where it is shipped to.

Jeff - Thanks for the contact info for John. I'll email him today.

Remember, videos and dvds or copies of them will go a long way also as well as reading materials.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
I for got to mention I have a bunch of videos I will send to you in the next couple days.
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Bob,

I have a few things I will send you. Will get it out in a couple of days.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
This is the reason we're doing this.

http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Hello,
  I've been lurking awhile, learning and laughing with the great people on this site. I've planned to join and I couldn't get a better time or topic than this one. I'm somewhat of a Gypsy, started travelling in the Service out of high school long ago, and kept going after I got out. I just got back into hunting this last season, sure have missed it. I didn't harvest anything but that's not how I judge success. I got out there and had a great time and am planning next years season already.
  I will be putting together a box of gear this week for our Heroes. I have a couple recurves, gloves, tabs, rests, strings, and arrows I can send. I am surely blessed to be able to help in this way. I'm to old now to go help out myself, or so I'm told.
  I want to thank you all for many hours of pleasure I've gotten on this site and for the many to come, you're the best.
   Dan
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Online Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
Dan,
Welcome to the gang and thanks for helping out. Hope to see you more often around the camp fire.
Bob

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©