3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I Finally Broke Down and Did It!!  (Read 573 times)

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
I Finally Broke Down and Did It!!
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
I got talked into trying a DAS Dalaa in December.  I'm open minded and like to shoot all kinds of bows knowing that nothing will replace my longbow.  I was impressed!  That thing shot amazing for me.  I couldn't believe it.  Then I went to K-zoo and talked with David and Kelly in the DAS booth and shot a couple more of the bows he had there.  Was slappin' arrows with those too!   I came back from K-zoo thinking more about them.  Finally broke down and told my wife that I had to have another bow.  I just got the funny smile and "this is the last one, right???"

Went up to 3R this past week and picked one up and spent some time with Danny on Saturday morning setting it up to my specs, weight and arrows.  First three arrows out of the gate were inside a quarter.  That bow has a phenominal feel to it.  Dead in the hand, smooth draw, and flat out comfortable and fun to shoot.  Just can't wait for the snow and ice to give us a break for a little bit so I can get outside with it.  

David, you have created a totally amazing bow on so many levels.  What a piece of work!  Thank-you    :clapper:    dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I Finally Broke Down and Did It!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
Congrats dino! Sounds like you've got it made! What are the specs on the bow? Are you shooting it off an elevated rest? How about some pics?! Was the bow you shot at K-zoo a DAS Master bow? What difference could you tell between it and the Dalaa. I'm waiting on one myself and am glad to see so many great reviews!

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I Finally Broke Down and Did It!!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Craig,
I got the 60" model with 55 lb camo limbs.  Cranked it down to 53 and evened the tiller.  I shoot off the rest, no flipper, plunger, sights, stabilizer or other gadets.  I shoot it bare just like my other bows, but I really like the fact of the tunability and weight adjustments as well as the overall feel.  

I did shoot the Master Hunter and a Dalaa at K-zoo.  I couldn't tell a difference at all.   They both shot equally well.  Unless I read about the differences on David's sight, I probably never would have known. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©