3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Walker Game Ear?  (Read 129 times)

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Walker Game Ear?
« on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
After too many years of running saws, shooting guns and playing loud music, my hearing pretty much sucks. Just ask my wife. I got one of the game ears a few years ago(I think the cheapest they offer) and It works ok. I'd love to hear from any of you folks who have used any of these, and what you thought. I do ok in a tree, but on the ground hog hunting, I need to hear better. I've been and had my hearing tested and tried out some high dollar hearing aids for a week, but I could'nt justify around 5 grand for something I'd use twice a year hog hunting. thanks in advance. Don
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Walker Game Ear?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
I have some hearing loss too.

I looked into it and they said these are pretty cheap. They work okay, but not that well.

Apparently the deal with hearing is it's very specific. People lose different amounts of different types of hearing. So one universal hearing aid isn't going to help that much.

People do say they help, but that they also get dirty quick and some other things. But mainly that they are too expensive for non specialized equipment.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©