3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you set your arrows/BH in the safari tough arrowmaster?  (Read 195 times)

Offline allan f

• Trad Bowhunter
How do you set your arrows/BH in the safari tough arrowmaster?
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
For those of you who have an Arrowmaster quiver from Safari Tough, how have you guys set up your arrows/broadheads in the cup?  I just got mine and I think its going to be a great quiver, I just wanted to know what you guys have played around with and what you have come up with.

Thanks
Allan

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you set your arrows/BH in the safari tough arrowmaster?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
How about some help here guys. I'd like to see/hear some ideas too!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
I thought about this....just haven't done it yet, but here's my 2 cents.  I wondered how to orientate the heads so I don't slice off a knuckle, and I think if you stagger them with the 2 bladers on the horizontal, you could likely carry 5-6 arrows and not have to worry about contact. Don't need more than that anyhow IMHO...
Pics anybody else???
ARCHER

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
I believe the intent is to lightly push them into the foam.  Stagger them as you wish.  Likely I could fit nearly a dozen 2-blades in there, but I only have 6 hunting arrows.  No concern as to the aforementioned sliced knuckle as you grasp them by the shaft, say maybe 3-4" back for removal.  The normal "draw" won't put an edge antwhere close to your hand.

On an older stalker I have from High-Noon-Hunter, I would just let them sit in the cup on the surface of the foam.  Never had a problem.

Keep in mind, what you are using is essentially a "back quiver" with a fancy draw option.

Just My Opinion.  Lets hear others.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
BobW, I agree that it is essentially a backquiver. That's exactly the impression I had when I tried mine on. Just haven't had a chance to load it up yet.
ARCHER

Offline BroknArrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
I received my quiver last week.  I made some BH sheaths from some old leather for my hunting arrows.  I put them in the quiver, not messing with the foam.  The sheaths keep the BH from hitting each other, eliminating noise and keeping them sharp. I went stump shooting/scouting with this rig yesterday and found that the foam cup keeps the arrows from moving around alot and is very quiet.  Again, I dont have my BH stuck in the foam, just the leather sheath.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
I could carry a dozen two blade heads if I ever wanted too.I will carry 6 or 8 when hog hunting however and nothing is crowded.I have used a quiver like this for several years so no problem with getting cut or anything.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©