3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: weekend Tradganger hunt Oct 4 and 5  (Read 10174 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: weekend Tradganger hunt Oct 4 and 5
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
Ohhh I'll take it next time bro!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: October 05, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
i had an absolulty GREAT time with everyone! i am a lone hunter by nature or hunt with one other person at most but its times like these when ya run through the mountains with brothers of the bow that are so very special. sons and fathers, first time hunters, nrw friends and old, i would not trade it for the world! very tires tonight but i will be posting pic's and stories all week. thank you to everyone that came, i am a rich man to have friends like this!! i have 2 pic's that to me sum up this weekend.

I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: October 05, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
Bowspirit on Ken's login;

And then there was one. I was fortunate enough to land a 4 day weekend from work, so I'm the only guy still here at Dack Attack HQ. Even Ken's gone home. Figure I'll head out to the target tommarrow and get in an hour or so of practice, then head out for one final afternoon sit. Wish me luck fella's, even though it won't be the same without any of you all here...

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: October 05, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
Go get em Chris. Shoot staright!
Nice pics Ken
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
Good luck Chris.Really regret having missed this one.Brian,,,, that shot you didnt take didnt feel right to you so you didnt take it and thats all that matters.Sometimes the good part is just gettin close enough to hear em breathe, like at 13 yards!You hunted and had fun and thats what its about.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Chris, we will be with you in spirit. Ken thank you so much for letting Joe and me hang out with you guy's we had a blast. You have a great mother, she treated all of us like family we felt at home the whole time, she even found out about Joe's love for pickles and brought him back a giant one, now she has a friend for life. Your hunting spot is great it wont take to many trips there to get on to some deer. Before the house was out of sight Joe was asking me if we were coming back next year, that will be a for sure hunt.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
Thank You All For A Great Time! What a cool bunch of guys. Count me in for the next Dack Attack. A special "Thank You" to Kens mom. Wonderful woman would be an under statement. This weekend was well worth the 200 mile (one way) trip.

... mike ...

PS ... Good Luck on Monday B.S.!  ;)
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #327 on: October 05, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Izzy is %100 right! ya got to go with whay ya feel. as you hunt more you will learn more and in time you will know when and where to pick your shot.
 Maybe Brian, Ben and EJ might now have a lot of confidenec in themselves as they are knew to the game but let me tell ya something and let it sink in. this was the first hunt for all three of you. Brian had 2 deer at 12 yards, Ben had them around 25 yards and EJ killed game and also saw a doe all in the FIRST TIME OUT!!! that is when hell of a GREAT start brothers!!! you learn from experiance which coes from MANY, MANY times afield which MOST OFTEN game is not even encountered, you 3 are ahead of the game in the learning curve. keep at it guys and keep in m ind i have killed as many deer with a bow as you, NONE!!! we are on the same playing field.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2008, 09:04:00 PM »
another fav pic of mine. Jim and John leaving the mountain.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
You are right Ken. Learned alot. Confidence is high. Can't wait to get back out. Only a couple days til our season opens up.

Wish you were there Izzy. Hopefully see you at MHTA now that Little League is over. Love those night shoots in the barn.

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: October 06, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Ken -  Thanks for hosting this hunt again this year. I look forward to it every year. Give Mom a big thanks also. I also do most of my hunting alone but this group of guys are very special to share the woods with. I think that most people that hunt with Traditional equipment share a love and respect for the animals and the woods and all of these guys definetly fall into that category. I would enjoy hunting with all of you again. Thanks guys for making the Adirondack Attack #3 so special.
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: October 06, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
You have that right John. I also dig hunting alone most of the time. But when a group such as this one gets together it's... Well... Just plain fun!

Already looking foward to the next time. That mountain has alot to offer a crumb like me.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by mcgroundstalker:
 That mountain has alot to offer a crumb like me.

... mike ...
:biglaugh:   That mountain knows you well Mike...
The trail is pretty steep and in the dark, first time out this season, it was a rude awakening to most of us. I tried my best to keep up and not breathe too heavy and promised myself to get younger and in better shape. The young ones seemed to have no problem... and then there was John. Seeing him run up the mountain (literally) I was sure he was somehow going to get an elk.
First morning we were supposed to meet at 11:00 to head back to the cars. Ru and John appeared from the immense wilderness right on time. Then this character appeared with his sweaty undershirt in one hand and his bow in the other. We strained our eyes and it took us a few seconds to recognize him. Mike?!?
 We learned that not having a watch Mike headed back and got to the trucks an hour early, then, not wanting to leave us looking for him, ran right back up the mountain. I could have sworn it wasn't just the "makeup" that made him look thinner and strangely, even taller.   :)   What a guy!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: October 06, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
John most of the time I'm a loner when it comes to hunting, but now I have my son for a partner and I like to get together with the caliber of people that we had at this hunt. Thanks for showing us wannabe mountain hunters around   :thumbsup:

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: October 06, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
D.D shoots  P.P.!!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: October 06, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Hey DD lets hear the real story on the albino turkey that helped propel you to fame   :bigsmyl:  Oh by the way how was your porcupine dinner, yum,yum good   "[dntthnk]"

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: October 06, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Hey Chris,
That's not the head!!!  :archer:

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: October 06, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Thanks again Ken for a great hunt and great group of people to hunt with   :thumbsup:    :clapper:  Thanks to Mom also for putting up with us. I had a great time and look forward to this each year and I know Adam had a blast also and wants to go back again. I had a small flock of turkeys come by my stand and got a shot off but missed a longbeard , shot under him but it still got me pumped. I later called in a very large bird but decided not to shoot as I wasn't sure if I had a tag for him :0) Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
yeah brother who would cook the cook ifin ya got him??????

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »
now brothers and sisters i want to show you a picture that is simply AMAZING! some people have great hand/eye cordination and some have unreal concentration. this next picture will show a "Zen" like mind over matter mastery that only Ninja warriors, Buddhist monks and Chuck Nelson posses!!! i watched for one whole hour as brother Chuck did the head snap, snore and body wobble without dropping his beer all while sound asleep!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©