3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thanks OL.- bow tuning is easy...  (Read 281 times)

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks OL.- bow tuning is easy...
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:40:00 PM »
I've recently switched limbs on my Bob Lee- went longer and a touch lighter due torn up shoulder and a few bone spurs.....
anyway- I've got beman classic 400 shafts and 500 shafts and trying to find what will work best with my new set up.  My new setup is 62" 51#@28" hunter model.  Shooting 30.5" arrows with 75 grains of gold tips installed.  After playing with both arrows (fletched) I was seeing some difference- the 400s were flying left- the 500s to the right.  Switching tip weights etc, and still not completly satisfied with things, I did some research and discussion with OL.  He posted his tuning page link, I did some bareshafting- and found my 400s work extremely well with 150 grain tips.  I spent the better part of 2 hours shooting bareshafts vs fletched shafts- then fletched with my new razorcap 150s- and couldn't be more confident in my setup.  I'm fletching with 4- 4" parabolics because I like the looks of them, and my groups have been like this   :eek:  
Thanks again OL- and everyone should check out his tuning page- basic- but well worth it.
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©