3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Randall Knives for Bowhunting  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Randall Knives for Bowhunting
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
All I ever do to any of my Dozier knives is to run them across a set of crock stix. i really like the Spyderco variation since it has two different angles to choose from. 30 or 40 degrees I think. I have one Dozier that has field dressed and skinned 5 deer I think. I have yet to do anything to the edge. I just keeps cutting.

I didnt know the wait was back up to 10 months. I took delivery of one in November and had only waited 4 months. Bob must have had a busy fall to fall so far behind.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Randall Knives for Bowhunting
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
STD

I'm able to sharpen mine on a plain old Norton Arkansas stone.  Just a few strokes and it's touched up.  I've never actually had any of my Doziers get truly dull.  Bob's D2 holds an edge better than any knife I've ever had.  Never a problem with rust either.  Not even so much as a stain.  Even though D2 isn't a "true" stainless, it's only about a half a percentage point of Cr. away from it.  While my Randall's from O-1 will take a stain almost immediately upon making contact with the acids in meat, my Doziers look like brand new after a season of gutting and skinning deer and doing nothing more than wiping it on my pants.
Otto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©