3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......  (Read 1710 times)

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
This is the only site I get on because of the reasons above.  Thanks Terry, Rob, and all of the moderators that make it happen.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Trad Gang is where its at!!!!Its where I will be!!!!! Real easy to talk smack when your hiding behind a monitor. I've said it several times and I'll say it again. Thanks Terry and all the Mods. The company kept here is top shelf!!   :campfire:  -Greg Donley
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Dozer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
I didn't even know any other sites were out there and honestly, I'm so happy with all the help avalible on this site I'm still not gonna know what other sites are out there. All you mods do a great job keeping the bull@#$% out and I say keep it up.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »
these people should just be dismissed as "idjuts" with too much time on their little hands, nothing more. Everybody in TG know Terry is a great guy. Why letting a bunch of yahoos get to us like that?
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Never met Terry or Rob, but have traded emails with them both and have talked on the phone with Terry. Fine people, people to ride the river with if you know what I mean.

As soon as Terry opened this site I came here and have been here ever since. I do not go to the other sites at all anymore. This is my home and all Members are my family.

Never could understand why people would start rumors or bash their fellow human being.

Thank you Terry for giving me a place I can call home on this newfangled computer age stuff.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
Danny, I shared a little with you while we hunted together...you don't know the half of it.

Thank goodness Terry doesn't pay much attention to the hype...or he might get discouraged. When you are on top, there's always someone trying to knock you down to their level.

It just goes with the territory, unfortunately.

Terry knows who he is, and knows we're here because of him, Rob, and the mods.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
This is the cleanest , classiest site out there,the back biting and griping is almost non existent. I don't even check out the other sites anymore ,Trad Gang is head and shoulders above them!!!------Wayne
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
Funny, all the people Ive sent to this sight have had a thing to two to say about it after taking a poke around.  Mostly comments like "Where are all the flames?  Why no arguments? Whats all this good nature and getting along?  Thats not the internet at all!!!".
  I come here every day, Im always entertained and informed and down right delighted by the people and the posts I find here.  It amazes me really, "give aways" to kids and new comers and old timers.  Sage advice flows like water from a spring here.
  For lack of a better description I find it very comfortable here and if thats due in any small part to Terry's actions then I think he should keep right on doing what hes been doing all along.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline R.W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »
If those who "badmouth" Mr. Green had any stones at all, they would take their grievances up WITH Mr. Green.

Since that doesn't seem to be the case, I take it that these people don't have enough courage to even try to come to an understanding with Mr Green and/or the other moderators.

I am sure that Mr. Green loses no sleep over the infantile name game played by others.

Anyway, this site is a breath of fresh air. My appreciation goes out to the moderators, for the great job they do.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 11:33:00 PM »
You won't have to worry about me!!!!! I don't go to any other sights but this one. I'm happy and right at home here.I think Terry does a Damn Fine Job!!!!!Also,you fellows who help him are some of the best there is.

As I have said, This is My Home,and my fellow TradGang members are my family.

If you have a problem with a member of my family,(Terry)then you're not welcome in my home!!!!!

That's just the way I am.

(Curt,Thanks for the "heads up")   :notworthy:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »
Terry, I have also found myself there, many, many times. All I have to say has been said by another, and far better than I could ever do:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Teddy Roosevelt

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 12:15:00 AM »
Well said indeed!
Way to uphold what is right Curt!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 12:31:00 AM »
I havent been to the other site for quite some time because of all of the negitivity so i didnt even know that something like this was going on.

I am stunned that anyone would even say anything about Terry, the moderators or Trad Gang.

I started into traditional archery back in 03. The first site i found was the other one....if you even asked a question you would get all kinds of bad remarks....and i was brand spanking new and needed the advice! I was told by some of the good guys over there to try this site.

I was welcomed in with open arms, everyone was so friendly and helpfull. It made me realize that there were still good people out in the world....and learned that by and large most traditional archery people were just those kind.

This site has been nothing but a great place to meet fellow archers, find any answers you might have...and even just to shoot the breeze with!

Terry i just hate to see anything like this happen to a good guy. Im sorry you are having to go through it...but know that all of the real members here will always support you.

Lance
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 12:52:00 AM »
I've never been to any other sites so am in ignorance here, but must say this is distressing to me. I've read every post by Terry since I've been coming here and have never caught even a hint of negativity from the man. I have never met him[but hope to one day] but know that he is kind and has a lot of patience from his posts helping people with their shooting problems. He is respectful of people and his quarry as well. From this site I have actually gotten to know him and others as well, and a nicer more respectful bunch of guys I don't think you will find any where.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 12:53:00 AM »
TG is my preferred site by a long long way. probably because Terry and co make sure that the site is useful ,informative and fun...for everyone.i recently had a stoush {regarding what i beleived to be some very offensive remarks} with a very well known hunter here and the topic was  removed. I contacted Terry privately voicing my concerns and apologies...he got straight back to me and explained his jusitfied action in a polite and friendly manner .i can only offer my full support to Terry by continuing to give this site my patronage.as to the naysayers etc...i go by the old adage..."you will never win an arguement with an idiot"
regards to all
ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »
Well said Curt and Dr. Ashby.  I visit here every day because there are so many great people here that treat one another like family.  I for one am very thankful to Terry and all the other moderators for their hard work and dedication put into this site.  I have learned so much, and met so many good people through this place.  I've had nothing but respectful dealings with everyone.  Can't believe people would say that about him.  Keep up the good work Terry.  Mark
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »
Terry has always been great to me and does a wonderful job with TradGang. I didn't know about any bashing on other sites, but all you have to do is listen to the "leaders" of this country to know why so many people have decided that tearing down others in this country rather than working with them is the correct way to conduct their affairs. I am sick of politicians who behave that way, and I have no better feelings about others who follow the example set by those "leaders". It seems to me that Terry has been given an opportunity to lead by example and has chosen to rise above the pettiness of those who criticize him and instead simply work towards bringing people together that share a common interest in traditional archery. I am proud of him for setting such a good example for all of us to follow. Thanks Terry.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »
Terry runs a top-notch outfit here, and like Ray Hammond says, when you're the best, everyone wants to take a shot at you and try and nock you down.   I've met Terry on a couple occasions, and recently met his lovely wife and have to say for all he's done by providing us with a respectful destination here, he seeks no praise and is a man of few words.  But deeds say it all, for me.  This place is the proof, heads and tails above the others.   Thanks Terry, and take heart in the large "family" you got here, bud!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 02:36:00 AM »
well said bro . well i have never  had the chance to meet terry but hes alright in  my books. thanks terry for all your hard work what would we do without this great site. i would hate to think.  :notworthy:      :notworthy:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 02:46:00 AM »
Well I have no idea what is going on since this is the only site I go no anymore but it is a same that people have to be this way towards another.

As with everyone else I really appreciate having the site and all the work that Terry and Mods do.

It sure has made my time across the pond a little easier to deal and has helped pass the time.

Thanks again Terry!

CS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©