3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......  (Read 1709 times)

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2008, 02:57:00 AM »
everything i know about traditional bowhunting came from tradgang, there is a wealth of knowledge and information on this site as well as some of the most genuine people around, iv made friends from America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UK the list goes on. That is all thanks 2 Terry and the moderators, who's work is much appreciated by most of the members. Fact is learnt how to shoot watching videos of Terry and Curt   :thumbsup:  
thanks
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »
Well said Curt. I met Terry at the PBS banquet this year and am proud to count him as one of my friends.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »
No need to defend the fella to me, this is a great site.The fact that bad things are being said,just proves this site is being run right.Thanks to all who make this place possible.

Leland

Offline Lawrenceu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »
Thanks, Terry!  

There is a reason that I joined this site.  It is a one of a kind.  In an internet 'world' that is full of keyboard experts, arrogant boasting, insipid fighting, and just plain stupidity this site stands apart.

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
I must be a simple guy.  I don't know of a site where such has been said, and if I did, it would not take me long to defend Terry.  Every time I have met Terry I have thanked him for all he has done for "us' and for me personally, and he looks at me as if he doesn't know what I'm talking about!  He is modest too.  I'll say it again Terry.  Well done and thank you for all you and the moderators do.  I appreciate it!
Bill Knight

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
I don't know what is happening. I have often wondered how much work it must be to maintain such a great site as TG. This is the only place I visit because it is such a stand up site. All I can say is Mr. Green has done an outstanding job here and I have not seen other wise.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
A well-deserved tip of the hat to Terry from me as well.  The sort of low-brow trash talk that can be seen on some other websites is not good for anyone.  Unfortunately some folks just can't seem to follow the golden rule of "if you can't say something good about someone then don't say anything at all".  I'm glad that the people who can't follow that simple guide aren't allowed to visit TradGang.  It's a better place for all of us specifically because of Terry's (and the moderators') commitment and dedication to policing this site.  Good job Terry!

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
It's been very difficult not to response to the mindless dribble and bashing that's going on over there..of course, that's just what this handful of hateful folks want, responses so they can continue to make waves and try to get under our skin by making this site and Terry look bad...the same handful of folks that couldn't or wouldn't fit into TradGang.
Curt...Thanks for posting.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »
Well I had to go find what you are talking about.  What a bunch of $@#%!  I for one would like to see the folks over there trashtalking to hear themselves talk, find that TG was not a place for them any longer.  But I guess that is not our policy either.  I reconize the names and handles as folks that ran into trouble here and were asked to straighten out but couldn't.

I guess I'm happy we have 17,000 folks that want to have a good place to go that does allow that sort of thing to happen,

Terry we appreciate what you have done here at TG and remeember we have your back!!

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
The way TG operates is the reason that its the only archery site I spend time on.  I check another once in a while, but find too much BS there for my taste.  

Thanks Terry.  :clapper:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
This is the only site I go to as a rule also. I have visited breifly others but it doesn't feel like home there. I haven't heard what is being said and I don't want to know. You can't manage a site as well as this and not be an outstanding person. I have never met Terry but hope to some day. Until then, THANK YOU TERRY!!!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Lawrenceu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »
I used to be a mod on one of the largest Reformed theology discussion forums.  It is a tough job if you take it seriously.  On a large site you will most likely become an equal opportunity offender.  Some want it tight, others want it loose, others just want to have a free for all.From what I can tell the mods here do a good job.

Offline stick_string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »
I really appreciate all the info and help this site has given me...Thank you Terry!!
stick_string

GEN 27:3 (its in the BIBLE!!)

Ember Longbow and Brack Drifter

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
The amazing this is how people will try so hard to go out of their way to find fault in others. If the faults were so obvious than why does it take so much effort, time, and energy for these people to constantly be trying to pry up an edge so that they can reveal what they percieve to be something that is not the truth underneath. If it's so true then why is it not so obvious to everyone? I don't see Terry hiding!
 The fact is that jealous and insecure people are the ones who are always yelling the loudest. They feel insecure because they do not feel they share the same light as others are receiving. God Bless them because they are the ones who actually need the most help.

I happen to know the leader of this wolf pack and I actually valued his friendship up until he became so viscious toward the world around him because his Limelight was not so bright as other around them. This guy actually thumps the Bible pretty hard too! Hard to believe a guy can hold a Bible in one hand and pure hatrid in the other.

For all of you involved in this thread, please try and understand that those who rock the boat the hardest are those who desperately need your attention the most. As you can plainly see by this thread, they are getting exactly as they wish. They have succeeded in getting under your skin. When this happens once it will most certainly continue.

Terry is a man first and foremost. I've known Terry for many years now and because he and I are both men, we both know we will make mistakes as we traverse life. I have not always seen eye to eye with Terry no different than he has not always seen eye to eye with me. The fact is that we are men and we are all supposed to be imperfect by design. I can only say this, for every fault that Terry has as a man he try's 10 times over to create good to offset his shortcommings. Fact of the matter is that when you are in the public eye you'll sooner or later become a target for those who feel they aren't getting enough light shed on themselves. This is why the insecure huddle in small circles and make each other feel better by bashing others who aren't like them. It simply makes them feel better about themself if they can somehow find bigger faults in others. Truth of the matter is that there is nothing that makes me more proud than to know they are talking about me. At least I know I am on the right track if I am the center of their attention. It's positive-vs-negative addage of old. It's al old as that Bible the main hater carries.

My suggestion to Terry-Be yourself!!!!! You will always be and do exactly what is supposed to be done as long as you are doing it for the right reasons in your own mind and you are not INTENTIONALLY trying to injure others. It's the injury to others that drives us
further appart as brothers, men, and as the Human Race. If you don't like Terry's way then go start your own site to make yourself "happy". IF HAPPINESS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. Hatrid toward fellow men solves absolutely nothing. Live and let live. We aren't designed to always agree. Carry-on Terry and just keep trying to do good and try your best to shake of those full of hate. You've got to know you did your best to help others
once your judgment day comes. If you should fall before then than you need to know there will be many more people beside you to pick you up than there will be to kick you back to the ground. Only pure evil would try so hard to constantly injure another man even if he did not agree with him.
 If that happens I'll certainly be there to extend a hand to help you back up. You are afterall not expected to be perfect. CK

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
I believe those that know the truth aren't the ones whining about Terry.  I have had posts yanked before and I understand the reason and was big enough to not let it bother me or run to another site and shoot off my mouth.  But I figured I was in good company with yanked posts.  I have learned far more from this site than any other site on any topic of interest I have.  The moderators have an enormous responsibility to keep us in line with the purpose and goals of this site.  I applaud their efforts and repsect them and the job they do.

I figure if some one feels the need to bad mouth another they aren't someone I would want to spend time with or be a friend of.

The number of users registered just this year is evidence of the quality of information sharing and gathering that goes on here.  I am proud to be a part of this cyber camp and very rarely let another's opinions sway me or my attitudes.

I hope the loosers doing all the postings don't go away mad but rather just go away.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
THANK YOU Curtis

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 10:30:00 AM »
I will simply say that I have good friends on both sides of this matter.  I enjoy both sites as well.  There are good folks with strong convictions posting on both forums.  I would love to know the whole story.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline john1271

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
me too apex ,whats going on?
black creek banshe 41#@28 60"god bless and have a red letter day...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
I dont know many other people that would take the time to make videos to help a newbie out with form, anchor, etc. Terry did that for me, and Im sure for many others.
The fact that he remains queit states alot about his character. Well done sir! I can honestly say that without Tradgang, and the great people I have met from it(Shawn, Curt, Mike, Chuck, Etc etc etc) I would probably still be a wheelie hunter.
My hat is off to all the mods, and to all the well versed trad nuts that constantly help people like me out.  :clapper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline cdworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2008, 11:09:00 AM »
The thread in mention was started in order to find a certain LDB it was posted asking the question over here in earnest and it got deleted by a mod. Terry green was the last person to have the LDB supposedly. he purchased it. want more info go to the other site and read it. I have no problem with the man or this site. I just think the LDB question needs to be answered instead of avoided or deleted entirely. Here and the other sites i visit are great sites. i just wish that more people could have enjoyed the LDB and such.
C.D.Works

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©