3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Blackhat

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: All the fine folks of TG, please read this.......
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
TG is the only site I visit regularly.  I get most if not all my information from this site.  Everyone is more than helpful if you have questions.  I like TG.  It is Me!  :clapper:
"When Bows shoot faster than 300 fps it ain't called Bowhunting no more!"

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2008, 11:31:00 AM »
When you throw mud, all you get is dirty.

Terry is good folks.  If you have trouble getting along with Terry, you probably need to look in the mirror...
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
Hmmm.... not had much time for a while to check on things but I can tell you I consider Terry Green a good Friend, a good Man, and a tremendous asset to the Traditional Archery Community. It's too bad he has to be a target for so much trash talk. I can also tell you I know it is a huge job running, maintaining, moderating... a site like this. My name is up there on the Mod list but I do little compared to Terry and several others so I am very grateful for all the hard work they put out for no gain other than the personal satifaction of helping others.

Keep your chin up Terry and you know your welcome at my fire any time.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Texas Tinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by cdworks:
I just think the LDB question needs to be answered instead of avoided or deleted entirely.
Ban me, throw rocks at me, call me bad names and make me feel unwelcomed if you see fit, but I agree with the post above 100%.

I enjoy TG but there have been questions raised about the end of the auction for the LDB that should've been and still should be answered rather than deleted and MEMBERS banned for asking...especially by the better men at the better website.

(italics above not intended as a sarcastic slam, just meant to emphasize what many here have already said in this thread and has been said since the beginning of TG)

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2008, 12:19:00 PM »
Well I owe Guru a good smack for making me curious enough to look at the other site and see what the fuss was. Same old same old.  Worthless. I'm now dumber for looking.

Some of them folks remind me of those people you see standing and cheering for their favorite politician at rallies.  Too blinded by hate to see the truth and too ignorant to care.

Heck I'd consider it a compliment if I were important enough to spend that much effort on!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
Some folks just ain't happy unless they messing with something or somebuddy. The internet is unfortunatley a great means for those with hatred and too much time on their hands.
I have been very busy recently and have not heard or seen the current going's on but I have this to say.

I've been around here for a few years now and have seen this before. Jealousy does strange things to folks. I have met and hunted with Terry and can say he is not in this game for the money. It is his passion for the sport we love and we should all be glad he has this much passion. Terry is one fine guy in my book and I am very thankful to know him and that he gives us this forum to learn and share this great passion we all have. This forum has given me countless friends and great folks to chat and share my passion with. Terry you have my full support and if there is anything in anyway I can do to assist please say so.

Well said Curt, our family is strong and lets not stoop to the levels of those that do!
hunt it

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
I've been here awhile and I like it here. Acually I reregisterd once so I'v been here longer than my profile indicates. I've never had a post pulled. There's a lot of good people and good info to be found. I lurk here more than I post. The culture here is certainly different than on the other site much less contetious and argumentative no attacks and certainly more respectful. I,m comfortable here.
That said, I visit the other site also and have friends there since I've been there from almost the beginning. It gets crazy over there and there is a lot more b%$$#@T. I've stayed away from that site for a long time because I couldn't tolerate some of the very fine people that took a bashing for no reason other than who they are.( it's easy to be a big mouth, no it all, bad ass in cyberspace). People have been banned from that site also. I still go there and probably always will. I'm a personal friend of the owner.
I'm not in the loop as far as this controvery goes and don't know any of the players on either side personally. The LDB never came my way and I could care less. I don't care where it is now.
I just wish there wasn't this schism in our trad family. I see it coming to no good end. It's gotten to be more than just a "family squabble".
Serious accusations have been made by some and the silent response has IMHO, been deafening.
It would be nice if both sides laid out their facts and got this thing settled once and for all. Clear the air and put it to bed. We're all big boys and girls. Rich Potter (nut)
Rich Potter

Offline cdworks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
molson said" Heck I'd consider it a compliment if I were important enough to spend that much effort on!"

it all boils down to the question i asked above that is what has kept it alive not wanting to bash Terry IDK the man and from what i heard hes a good guy i just want the question to be answered which has been asked and deleted more than once.
C.D.Works

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »
If it was all about the LDB and nothing but The Little Delta bow there would have been a simple question posted and Terry would have had the chance to respond. To take the question as an opportunity to crucify a person for every or any other reason is pure hate.

I'm not sure because I've never asked but do you think the reason Terry doesn't say much about the LDB is because hate runs so rampid in our ranks. I can see why we don't hear much about it. The way it looks to me someone may do something with the bow JUST TO HURT TERRY! Everyone had a chance to bid on the bow. There were no rules that went with the bow sale. Mike Huston was a fine man for allowing all to happen with the bow when it was his. The way I see it Terry has every right to do with the bow what he wishes no matter what you or I or others feel. It's Terry's bow now and obviously one hell of a big cross to bear. Geeze I'm glad I stay off the computer these days. What a world full of hate and glory seeking! CK

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
I’ve been overloaded with work for the past 2 months and just had to take a break from the Gang. My life has had enough stress lately but with bow season starting Saturday I thought I would dip my feet back in here to get back into the swing, connect with my brothers that I don’t talk with on the phone and honestly, I’ve been missing it here something fierce.

Then I see this thread. I whole heartedly agree with everything CK said, and I’d say it again in all caps, repeated 4 or 5 times for good measure if I thought it would do any good. But it won’t, too many with ulterior motive or axes to grind that have nothing to do with the LDB.

“Geeze I'm glad I stay off the computer these days. What a world full of hate and glory seeking!”

It’s a damn shame….but I’m feeling that way too.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
I haven't read 'the thread' of so called accusations elsewhere, but here's the scoop.....

I won the bow in the 2007 St Judes auction as it was donated by the previous owner free and clear of any strings.  As those that were here know the server crashed somewhere in the last couple of minutes even though we had gotten a new server hoping to prevent the events of the year before.  Back then we had only one bid forum and one closing night with 9 pages of items.  That one auction raised over $90,000.

The server had to be re-booted by our host,(called by Rob) and until that happened no body knew who won what. Our host said that some members had as many as 12 pages open all that last minute sniping just shut her down.  It scared me to death as I had no clue if the server could even be revived. I have never seen our server, and its not even in this country

For that reason this year we linked two servers had four different forums closing 4 different nights to hopefully prevent that and it worked.

I bid on the bow because I wanted to 'semi retire' it to protect and preserve it and its history. It has been to TX on a group hunt, and to the Paradise on St Judes hunts. The bow is scheduled to go out for the last two weeks of this month, and again for the last two weeks of November. I might even hunt with it for a while after that, and then it will go on other group hunts after the 1st of the year.  The bow is still hunting, just a little differently than before.

Certain folks registered and their 1st posts were attempts to stir up stuff about the bow, and yes, since their sole purpose was to cause problems they were banned. One guy from AL registered at least 3 times just to do so.

I haven't miss represented the bow or myself, or caused the bow any harm.  As some of you know, I fixed the bow's limb twist and gave it a new travel tube.

All the LDB hunt threads are in the Memorable Hunts archived forum.

Too bad that since winning the bow, its been used as a club to beat me with by those that evidently don't like the idea of me having it, and folks that were banned from here for causing problems.  I'm sure this wont stop them from hollering either.

I'd like to thank everyone for their comments here and through emails.  It means more than you know.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
ttt
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©