3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HOG HUNT IN NORTH EAST TEXAS/ date added  (Read 612 times)

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
HOG HUNT IN NORTH EAST TEXAS/ date added
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
THIS MIGHT be the wrong place to post this,, if it is i apoligize in advance.  but i am trying to put together a hog hunt for any tradgangers that want to come to texas to hunt feral hogs on my families huntung land.  our land backs up to acre and acres of public hunting land so there is enough land to support quite a few hunters.  and lots of hogs. so if you are interested i will be trying to get this thing done around late nov. or early dec. you can pm. me if you want to come and hunt,  and fellowship with one another.  the date i am shooting for is Dec. 4th,5th,6th and 7th.  so there yall go.  the biggest thing that could fit would be a small pop-up.  
thanks
Beaver
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline sabas silva

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: HOG HUNT IN NORTH EAST TEXAS/ date added
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
Hello there beaver #1, I would be interested in joining your hunt if there is an opening and thanks

Offline bloodyarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
sent ya a pm beaver
Hunting The Way of My Ancestors
(The Traditional Way)

Eddie

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey Beav, you're a heck of a guy to make that offer. I'd be on it in a minute but I'm out of vacation time.   :mad:  

Better hold on tight because an offer like that it likely to fill up your message box in a hurry!

best,
Norb
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »
I "hate" to hunt pigs with a stick, but... sounds like a blast.  Very generous of you.  Where in Texas are you ?   I'm in Denton and would love to come if theres an opening.  I work with a fosterkid who would most likely enjoy coming if we can get around his football schedule.  Either way, thanks.  Bhill 940-367-1820

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
I'm in the Tulsa area but I may be able to head that way. Are stand, stalking or hunting with dogs?
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline michiganbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
man that sounds great,but i would have to pass as its abit too soon for me to plan!
plus i live in michigan and would like to "team up with a friend" to come down to share expenses!

id have to figure in alt least 3 extra days for driving i think.

is the fall the only time to hunt them there?

Offline cajnhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Hey Beaver, where abouts in east Texas is the hunt. I am from south Louisiana and do a lot of hunting not far from Toledo Bend area. If it is not much farther I am interested.
Please email me the location.
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
ok  here is somw answers to some of the questions.
 it will be stalk hunt unless you bring a climbing stand with you.  our actual land is only about 100 acres but backs up to 1000's of publick land.  the hunting area is around lonestar texas.  the only houseing is what you bring and it will be for a long week end. something like thurs, through sunday.   i am planning for the cristamas break peroid right now.   the only you need to pay is for you license and gas and foodstuffs.  other than that just pm. me any more question and i will \\be glad to answer.  and there are lots of hogs down there but there is no guaranty a kill, only guaranty good quality time with quality people.
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:00 PM »
I would be more interested if it were in Jan. Really great to offer this, will talk to a buddy of mine he has a pop up, we might try to make it.
samuel koger

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
ttt

Offline cajnhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, Lonestar, Tx is about 35-40 miles north of I20 at Longview and about 25 miles south of I30 on Hwy 259.
Black Widow PCH II 58" 57#
Black Widow PLV 64" 57#
South Louisiana, USA

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
yes that is correct. the public land is corp.of engineer land.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »
I'd be interested in coming, I'm in Garland.
What/Where is the public land? WMA land? Lake land? Most of it you need a type II permit or check in with the corp and have proof of a hunter safety course.

Give me a shout.
Thx.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
from what i know the only thing you need is you hunting license and your regular hunters safety course.   no type 2 permit or anyhting like that.  its around lake o the pines

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 11:48:00 AM »
for those that are wanting to go. you can contact me a 903-767-6543.  i will give all the info i have, as well as answer as many questions as i can.  im really excited abou thtis hunt cause i have never met any other tradgangers, so i decided this would introduce me to some of the great folks on here.  just give me a call and we will chat.
beaver.(Dustin)

Offline sabas silva

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Is there a Corps. office nearby to get there permit.

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
ttt

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
any other takers?

Offline Mike Byrge@home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »
Beaver#1,
I may be insterested but Christmas break is too far out for me to make definate plans.  Sure would be good to meet up with some of you Texas folks and share a camp.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©