3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new to arrow building Jojan or bitz?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new to arrow building Jojan or bitz?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
I bought a bitz and wish I had went with the 6 arrow jojan.I also have a martin that I like just as well as the bitz for a lot less money.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline WestTnMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
I have an Arizona I've used for years and recently got a Jojan. The Jojan is the way to go. I like being able to glue on more than one feather every 30 min. I wouldn't recomend an Arizona although they do work. The Blitz was just too much for what it is IMO.
Gen 27:3 "Take your hunting gear, your quiver and bow, and go out into the field to hunt some game for me."

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
I have had all four types, the Arizona, Martin, JoJan (single and Multi), and Bitz, I sold all except the Bitz's.  I have three of those but only need one when using fletching tape.  I will get another three if I ever get into a hurry and want to produce arrows in quantity using glue.  Currently, I like the idea of using the same jig for the entire set of arrows and with three Bitz’s I am able to use one jig set up for three different size shafts.

Rating them in order of preference I like the Bitz the most, it is quality.  Next would be the Martin followed closely by the JoJan single.  Although the Martin feels cheap, being made of plastic, the ease of minor adjustments and magnetized clamps gave it the edge over the JoJan.  The downside with the JoJan is its clamps and sloppy adjustment.  My clamps got weak after ten years and I had to use spring type paper clips to get them to hold the feathers.  Also, both the Bitz and Martin are quite a bit easier to make minor adjustments to the fletching.  If you are using the same size aluminum, carbon, or fiberglass shafts and like to use glue the JoJan Multi would be my recommendation for the price, though a half dozen Martins or Bitz’s would work better.  My impressions of the Arizona Fletcher were not good, but I only used it with glue.  It might work well with fletching tape, but I doubt it, there was to much play in the one I had to get consistent feather placement.

Regardless of the type used cleaning and care is the key to having them function properly, always clean the clamps and jigs during and after use.  This one of the reasons for using fletching tape, there is no glue to clean up.  When using glue I line both sides of the clamp, inside and out, with blue painters tape and replace it when needed.  If glue dries on the clamps or jigs the JoJan clamps are the easiest to clean followed by the Bitz, Martin, and then the Arizona Multi Fletcher.

Well, those are my thoughts and experiences over the last twenty years, hope it will help.

Walt Francis
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline treenate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »
I have both, the Bitzenburger is twice the cost but it's 3 times better.

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
I just tried Dennises Git-er dome fletcher,  http://git-r-donearchery.com/  and realy like it. I am thinking about getting a dozen for a table.
 They are the same as the Bhoning,Vader, and almost identical  to the maritn, except the Giter done does not have the nock tuning feature, but for $30.00 Canadian they are great.
 The 2 jojan Multy fletchers will be gone when I get the new ones.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©