3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New bow - they don't come better than this - pic's  (Read 290 times)

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New bow - they don't come better than this - pic's
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
hey britts - you asked me what length I get for my draw length - I think you meant what poundage.

I get about 46#.  Unfortunately that is all my poor old shoulder can handle at this stage.  I would love to get some heavy hunting limbs up around the 50-52# mark - this bow would really smoke!

Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Good on ya Sutto. She is a looker. I know how she shoots. i got a new one last week. Mine was inspired by the one who went to South Africa. Its sorta like it but not the same. I just got back on the web after the winds of Ike knocked out everything in my area so I'll get some pics up soon. I'm on my second FF and have already put Jim on notice for the third next year.The next one is gonna be a light weight 3D bow.

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Here you go, Suttoman. I'm not much of a photographer but this one is 58" and 50#@28".
Bocote with Wenge and bloodwood accents.

The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
Heydeer - Yes I remember when you got your first F/F you liked it so much you then got rid of the Widow.  However I did not know you had another one.  I would really like to see pics please when you get back to normal.

Thanks heaps for the pic's Hatrick - she is a real looker.  I like dark coloured bows that are sort of an understatement - this one fits the bill fine.

Cheers - Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline britts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »
Sutto, Was really asking what length your bow is. I have a 60" FF and at my draw lenght of 29" I wish it was a bit longer.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
Looks like it says 62" on the limb...Mike

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
Yes mike is correct - they are both 62".  My Turkey Creek is the same as well.  I find it is a good length, a compromise between not being too long but long enough so as not to pinch the fingers.

Sutto

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
Britts, I draw 29 as well but really like the 58". I have shot a 60 incher and it was a bit smoother but I like the length and am gonna stick with it. I am gonna order another next year for 3D. it will be 62-64" and 45-50 pounda.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©