3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Treestand Bow Opinions  (Read 578 times)

Offline longbow59

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treestand Bow Opinions
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 02:43:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Swabby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
I have never used a climbing stand with the bar that gets in the way.  But could you modify it, cut the bar out and if you want or need it back in make some kind of quick connect to hook it back up??  Just a thought.  Jim.

Online Magnum in Ms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
I have hunted out of a ole man for a couple of years. Mine has the turned down bar,but still gets in the way on a close shot to the left. I will let the top section down as low as it will go or spin it around behind the tree and stand till dark. I am thinking seriously about a Lone Wolf hand climber for bow hunting. Probably not as easy to climb with as the ole man but better to shoot out of.
Every one is ignorant its just on different subjects

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
I have a 56 in. Northwind Curve on order, with a strip of carbon in the limbs, & a grip like my grizzly, also 56in.  for this style of hunting.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline mshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
I had the same problem and got a lone wolf climber.  Problem solved.  The open front allows me to shoot in any direction.  It is cheaper than a new bow plus all of the setup.  I found that I needed a climber as well to keep up with the deer when they change patterns.   Good Luck!

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
Check out the Stalker Series by Loggy Bayou treestands.  It might be the answer your looking for.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 08:26:00 AM »
last year i hunted from a summit viper with the rale in front with a 64" lommahawk long bow. i love the bow and the stand but was not comfortable with the 2 togather. over the summer i got a 58" widow psr and a summit bushmaster open from stand(hand climber) this setup was a lot better for me. i can shoot in all directions in fron and can get some shots behind the stand.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 09:20:00 AM »
Words of advice from me.  they are free so take them for what they are worth.  

1) A strap on or loc on style treestand can go anywhere a climber can go, plus some that a climber can't touch.   Newer models, with a few particular ones in mind are so stable you can stand on the sides and not make it move.   They have less "stuff" to work around, are comfortable and you can use any bow you want.

2) Don't scrimp.  My current favorite treestand costs  ~ $ 250.  A bunch.  Twenty years ago I would have NEVER paid that much.  However if you add up the cost of all the treestands I bought and have hanging in the shed, looking for "the one"  I would have been much better off just paying the 250 and being done with it.

Good luck,  hunt safely.

ChuckC

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
On an ole man you can't cut the barbecauseit is the actual seat frame. I hunt with a 62' hummingbird invisible wings and I just keep the seat platform low enough that the limb doesn't hit but still high enough to sit down and get back up.

Offline longbow59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
My treestand aresnal if you will: I have 3 lockons and 2 oldman. I use my lockons on my small food plots and move around with my oldman. All this on my 88 acres hardwoods.

I like the oldman stable quiet east to move. I climb high too for concealment and scent.I would rather get a shorter bow than give up what I like. Thanks for all the advise.

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
Here is something for you Summit users.

http://hazmore.net/cart/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2&ccSIDa6e70b027d696f1d3afe13fa71f85b8e=f848579ff0cb773750cca51e0a46ce52

I put one on my Summit Viper and put a thermoseat in between the net to keep the wind off the hiney. Sits comfy and allowed me to raise the seat to in the top part so I could lower the bar. (Summit users know what I am talking about.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©