3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BIG GUY BLIND USERS I NEED HELP  (Read 168 times)

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
BIG GUY BLIND USERS I NEED HELP
« on: September 21, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
ANY OF YOU REALLY BIG GUYS OUT THERE EVER USE ONE OF THESE AMERISTEP PENTHOUSE BLINDS ? I AM STUCK IN A WHEEL CHAIR AND DO MY HUNTING ON AN ATV . WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IF THIS BLIND IS AS BIG AS ADVERTISED . THEY SAY 78"X78"X90"TALL . THIS SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL WORK FOR ME ?????    

THANKS  MARK
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline DBGJR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BIG GUY BLIND USERS I NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »
Mark,you should have no problem with getting an ATV inside plenty of room.I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of room, I can stand up and stretch without hitting my head. Good luck.
DICK

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 04:24:00 AM »
Mark, i have one, yes it is that big! Me and two buddies can both stand  up and shoot our long bows, recurves inside them. Natchez shooters supply, Natchezss.com, has them for 139.99+ shipping. I am 5'9" tall, weigh 275, dont know if that qualifies as a big gu or not. LOL. Sam.
samuel koger

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:09:00 AM »
Agreed! It's definitely huge, as blinds go. You biggest obstacle will be getting through the "door" smoothly. Once inside, you'll be fine.

p.s. Brush it in real good!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
Mark,

Your biggest problem with the Penthouse blind would be taking it down when you are ready to move it.  Due to its design, it is not the easiest blind to take down.  A blind with a hub system would be much easier.  Eastman has some blinds that are large that would work for you.  And I wouldn't worry about driving through the door if you would be taking the ATV inside the blind with you.  I would life one side of the blind up and drive under it.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
Mark, I have not used the penthouse, but have the double bull. I am 5'10 275, and my two buddies were in the blind with me when I shot my first deer. One guy is 5'10 240, the other was 5'10 225. We had plenty of room for three chairs and two video camera's one tri-pod, two backpacks and three bows.

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
Mark, You might try a Ground Max Deluxe.  They're real big and owned by Primos now so customer service should be great!
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Have you seen the blinds Bob Morrison has on his website? They are very nice, inexpensive, big, and the entire back is a big, zippered flap that completely opens up and would let you drive your wheelchair right it without having to raise up the entire blind. They are even listed as wheelchair accessible. If you are interested, don't wait, because last I checked there were only 2 left. Bob Morrison had a special buy on the blinds and is selling what he got at a special "clearance" price. I bought one and have it on its way, so I cannot give you a review yet.  http://morrisonarchery.com/html/blinds.html  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
Have you seen the blinds Bob Morrison has on his website? They are very nice, inexpensive, big, and the entire back is a big, zippered flap that completely opens up and would let you drive your wheelchair right it without having to raise up the entire blind. They are even listed as wheelchair accessible. If you are interested, don't wait, because last I checked there were only 2 left. Bob Morrison had a special buy on the blinds and is selling what he got at a special "clearance" price. I bought one and have it on its way, so I cannot give you a review yet.  http://morrisonarchery.com/html/blinds.html  

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©