3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Went out walking today  (Read 128 times)

Offline TroyH

• Trad Bowhunter
Went out walking today
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
Went out stumpin this morning in a wooded tree line along a CRP field.  This little fencerow has lots of oaks, so there were plenty of tree rats to shoot at.  Sadly, I managed to hit two with 30 cal. homemade blunts, but they managed to get back up after being knocked out of the tree and run back up and into their hole.  I was really surprised by that.  I thought the shock would kill them immediately.
Anyway, I recovered all my arrows and was standing in the midst of the treeline when I hear a noise behind me.  I turned to look and just out in the field, actually in a low spot with some willows grown up in it, I notice a tree limb shaking like crazy.  It was only about 30 yds away.  Because the growth was almost head high, I couldn't see what was makin the shakin, but I had an idea.  I slowly crept over to about 10 yds away and tried to see what it was, but still the weeds were too high.  After a few minute, out comes a spike buck at not more than 15 feet.  I was a little in the open and didn't have my face mask on, so he identified me pretty quickly and took off.  It isn't season for another 9 days, but whose counting?  What was so amazing was that I shot and retrieved 4 arrows within only 40 yds of this fella, and he didn't seem to mind.  I was being real quiet, but I guess he thought the squirrels were just extra noisy this morning.
For your reading enjoyment.
Formerly known as PastorHunter.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Went out walking today
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
Isn't that cool!!
>>>---------->
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Lawrenceu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »
Too neat.

Offline blueline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
great story, more to come I'm sure.

blueline
Blueline