3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I have become an Asian Hunter  (Read 601 times)

Offline Bob Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
I have become an Asian Hunter
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
I just received a Double Bull Blind, that I ordered from 3 Rivers Archery, that was made in China, Camo clothing from Caelas made in Vietnwm. Rifle made in Japan from Browning, Camo Tshirts made in Cambodia.  The only items made in the good USA are my hunting bows and wood arrows, and Windchester Ammo.  What is wrong with this picture?  I will never order anythins else before asking the question " was it made in the USA"
Bowhunting is not just a way of life, it is also fun.

Offline Steve Crowl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I have become an Asian Hunter
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
You might have to start making your own stuff or hunt in the buff   :biglaugh:
Steve Crowl

"Proud Father of several Marines"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
:rolleyes:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
well bob if ya go live in china ya might be able to buy stuff made in the usa  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  now that would be cool
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline 4406v

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
I have asked on previous threads "IS MADE IN USA IMPORTANT TO YOU?" having been raised in a union steelworkers house in the late 70's and early 80's I was brought up knowing it's important to buy products made here,that way we keep each other working.As I was taught ALL of our manufacturing jobs with a few exceptions have moved overseas.Why do you think the U.S.A. won World War II ? It's because we converted our MANUFACTURING PLANTS over to help us make the neccesary goods to fight the war.Who is going to make our products this time? China? Who do you think we'll be fighting this time? China? (When they decide they want ALL of the money they've lent us!!!) We need to start teaching our kids that it IS important to support AMERICAN JOBS.It may already be too late.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Take a walk thru Walmart and see what is made in China.  We are our own worst enemies.
ChuckC

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Hope you don't mind walking, unless you get ya a good ol' arkansas mule. Doubt there's a mode of transportation out there that ain't got parts from china under the hood.

Ever wonder why the kill zones on 3D animals ain't what they should be?  Because Mr. Chang at his drafting table in downtown Bejing doesn't know where the kill zone is on a javelina that resides in texas.

Its a bummer, but I don't blame the chinese. I blame the guy who contracted it out to them.

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
I read an article not too long ago about a woman who decided she'd had enough with scares on Chinese made food and toys. She vowed to buy nothing made in China. She could feed her family ok if she kept an eye on things, but clothing them and getting other things for daily life was damn near impossible.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:39:00 AM »
OH my, go ahead pull my chain.  

I have more XXX stuff and suffer so much for it. I won't mention how much you do, not to mention my brothers which you are.

I am not only full I'm violated.

Brent

Flash light anyone?    :eek:   Maximun maxus lums, nope not latin.

Offline bihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »
I remember when Wal-Mart started getting big. They used to pride themselfs in their TV ads about only selling items American Made. Sadly, because it is cheaper to manufacture outside of this country, they wouldn't be a store without having overseas products. The real sad fact is that it is the American owned companies that own the factories in those overseas countrys. How can you have a competitive world trade when the playing field is not equal.

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 04:48:00 AM »
I have become an Asian Hunter  
And here I thought maybe a new season had opened up!   :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
The sad thing is it's all about the money!!  Companies are willing to sell out their country, fellow citizens, and anything else for a few extra dollars.  And worst of all they have more money than they couls spend in 10 lifetimes!!  :banghead:

Offline hera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
I don,t use any products from china as possible as I can.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline JStark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 02:25:00 PM »
Now WalMarts adds say, no joke, "bring it home to the USA".

It's a sad state we're in, fer sure.
Through education, appreciation;
through appreciation, protection.

Offline Foxtail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
Hera- yours is the only legitimate and realistic defence. I can't agree with those who accuse the companies that do business with China as being the culprits. That is sticking your head in the soil, because they wouldn't/couldn't bring products from China if we simply did not buy them. They exist because we support them. We are the ones to blame- we who vote for these trade practices with our dollars. If you are prepared to place the restrictions on your purchasing- which as indicated by the above comment, is very hard to do- then you have a right to criticize this practice. Otherwise, I sympathize with you- but the vehemence of your positions is eroded by where you spend your dollars.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 07:26:00 PM »
Steel mills, money and overseas all boil down to greed.  If you care to look into it further you'll see American steel execs did not invest in the mills and thus could not compete with newer mills in the orient.  Go look at the out-of order mills here-they were built in the 1940's and never upgraded.  Newer and more efficient mills overseas produced a better quality steel -cheaper.
Pure ecomonics, ladies and gentlemen.  I did some research in my MBA program years ago and found these things.  That said, my wanderings in the local Cabelas store has plenty of China and VietNam labels-which I eschew for USA products if I can get them.
I heard on NPR that the cheaper chinese products are also going up in price as the "slave labor" market is drying up and the chinese workers are looking for more rights.  But you only have to look at baby formula to see how crooked the system is there , too.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline always89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Unfortunatly, Good ol' Uncle Sam has played a bit of a part in this. The politicians, more specifically......
Hard to stay in buisness when you have to pay upwards of 78% of what you pay your employees to Uncle Sugar, not to mention Workers Comp, crazy health care costs, and several other additional costs....
Hard to compete with 12 dollars a week and gov provided healthcare.

They can have it though! Im happy right here in the good ol'US of A, and will continue to pay that employee tax, workers comp, and healthcare.............

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
It is a sad state of affairs....  

Hunting related---I've not bought a treestand in 8 years... They are all made in China. Yes, I hunt mostly from the ground.
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©