3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I have become an Asian Hunter  (Read 602 times)

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I have become an Asian Hunter
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
There is nobody to blame. Lets be honest.

Few businessmen in america except at the top are striking it rich. If you're payin guys in america even minimum wage to make things you can't compete trying to sell your product at the same price as someone who pays three cents an hour in manufacturing costs. If materials and worksmanship are good enough the guy with the slave labor is going to also be able to buy wholesale and smoke your small business off the market. It's just life.

If you are a small businessman trying to claw your way up the ladder it won't happen paying american wages when nobody else is.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
You are the one that chooses your consumer habits.  You can get by with a lot less than you do.  You just choose not to.  Be honest.  Very little of what you need is exclusively made in China.  The overamped, hyperconsumeristic spending habits of our culture created this.  To compare to generations past is irrelevant and silly.  We want stuff.  Companies make stuff and sell it to us at the greatest profit they can.  To ask them to do otherwise is counterproductive.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
A year ago I bought a Chevy, because I wanted my hard earned money to go to my fella North American...
Guess what:
Engine is made in China, transmission in Japan...
Next truck will be a Japanese one.

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Online Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »
Years ago, I managed a hat factory. Walmart asked us to bid on a 1 million hat order for their "Buy American" program. We bid $3.06 per hat and lost the bid to a Tiawan company that bid $3.04. It eventually cost 100 jobs and closed us down. All for $.02 a hat. I'll gladly pay more for the quality and suitability of american made if the retailers will offer it. They don't even provide a choice anymore.

I don't trust any Chinese product after the scandals involving baby food, toys, and pet food. I'll save my money and buy American even if I have to do without the latest gizmo.

Chuck

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chuck Jones:
...I'll save my money and buy American even if I have to do without the latest gizmo.

Chuck
Nice sentiment! I agree but we are in the vast minority.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline SL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
Its not just the labor its the benifits also. Overseas there are no retirement or health benifits being paid in most cases. Not to mention taxes and liability.There is noway any company in the USA can compete when the overhead overthere is so cheap.
SL

Offline hera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Foxtail:
Hera- yours is the only legitimate and realistic defence. I can't agree with those who accuse the companies that do business with China as being the culprits. That is sticking your head in the soil, because they wouldn't/couldn't bring products from China if we simply did not buy them. They exist because we support them. We are the ones to blame- we who vote for these trade practices with our dollars. If you are prepared to place the restrictions on your purchasing- which as indicated by the above comment, is very hard to do- then you have a right to criticize this practice. Otherwise, I sympathize with you- but the vehemence of your positions is eroded by where you spend your dollars.
Well said.
I don't buy the product made in china as possible as I can.But it is difficult to distinguish  the meterial from china.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
JDS3...... I'm pretty sure Screaming Eagle is still made in Montana.   :thumbsup:

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
There are a lot of us who frequent this forum who still make a product. Trouble is, most of those products are only for use in hunting or shooting.
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Thank you Barney... I didn't know that any were still made in the USA.

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »
Yep purchased one from Roy a month ago OUTSTANDING tree stand   :thumbsup:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©