3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I WANNA SHREW(KICKIN AND SCREAMING)  (Read 708 times)

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
I WANNA SHREW(KICKIN AND SCREAMING)
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
MAN ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I'M GOIN NUTS, ALL THIS TALK EVERYWHERE ABOUT SHREW THIS AND SHREW THAT. I missed what would have been perfect in the stock bow list on rons site......sold!(I look everyday) I shoot a moab, great bow, probably would be upset if I let it go but I really would like to try a shrew. Someone help me with this sickness. After buying this last bow new from Jim I told myself I was done buying bows but here I am again wanting to continue the search for the perfect companion, heck I want a morrison 3 pc longbow and a crowcreek blackfeather too
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I WANNA SHREW(KICKIN AND SCREAMING)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »
The classifieds are down below in the forum list. The sooner you place a WTB Shrew ad the sooner you'll find one.    :cool:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
have I told you how much I like my Shrew....
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
There's one in the classified right now, "Crash" is lookin for someone to trade. Nice Bow, identicle to mine but RH.

Eric

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
I look everyday, the one listed is a little light- i was just cryin out loud I guess, thought someone could help me with the sickness but as David put it I should just get over it by puttin up the WTB ad. My fear is- does it ever end? I've bought and sold a pile of bows here and there and have never been one to be able to shoot different bows at the same time(or afford multiple bows) so I am a one bow man, but I always fear letting one go for another will lead to an eventual new purchase, there are several I have let go either out of necessity or because I had my eye on the "new" one and regretted it somewhat.
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline Louutah

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 09:13:00 PM »
I hope that I won't be cited for contibuting to the deliquency of a bow junkie for posting these.....however, you won't be dissappointed.
Enjoy......Louutah

Shrew SS Gold 51#@28
Bear Montana 60#@28

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Todd, I shared the same frustration!! Placed a want to buy add in the classifieds with my specs and got several emails very quickly. You should try it, I bet it will work for you as well. Should have my shrew by the end of the week! Hopefully it will ease the wait   :help:  Hope you get what your lookin for. -Greg
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline rg176bnc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »
I would trade a shrew for the 2 toms w/ a recurve in your pic!!

Offline bobg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
Todd,
Contact 7eyes. You'll be happy you did    :thumbsup:

Bob
Einstein: It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
I bought my SuperShrew longbow on Ron's stock bow list and placed a want-to-buy add here and bought a LNIB Shrew "Lit"-favorite Recurve. You have to watch the forums and have the money ready to go at anytime and you will pick one up.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Yep I'll have to place the ad I guess and contact 7eyes.
Those two toms were taken with a bw plx one at 6 yards head shot and the other at my longest confirmed ill advised kill at 33 yards, a really cool hunt with a few compounders who laughed at me then almost literally cried when I came back to the truck with those two- the one guy hadn't killed a bird in three years and missed 4 times he was really upset with me which kinda ruined it for me but I just smiled and told him to stay with it, i was just lucky that day.

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:41:00 PM »
A Shrew can be nice.

Wool the Natural Fiber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
That is NICE!!! What a beauty! Rack too!!!

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »
Lil Favorite Gold,51# Osage and Cocabolo

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »
Heard alot about how smooth they are for even a long draw like mine but have to admit Ive never seen one out here. I have a 66" Pronghorn on order might be here by Christmas...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 01:53:00 AM »
Put your order in for a new Shrew with Ron. The list is not getting any shorter. Also, you can make sure you get the Shrew that is perfect for you. If you have the opportunity to buy a used Shrew in the meantime you can always shoot it until the one you ordered is ready and then sell the used one for what it cost you while making some other lucky buyer happy. It's called recycling!   :)

I have 3 Shrews on order and will be getting the first of the three next week. In the meantime I bought one for my wife from the classified ads here on TradGang! You can see I am practicing what I am preaching.

You also say you would like a Morrison Shawnee longbow. That is an incredible bow that I highly recommend. I know you can find one of those in short order if you want one. In fact, you can probably buy one that is in stock in Bob Morrison's shop right now. The only trouble is you will not want to sell the Shawnee when you buy a Shrew, and then you will be faced with a terrible dilemma -- unless like me you are inclined to own 30 or so bows.    :scared:

You will undoubtedly love either a Shrew or a Shawnee -- or both. They even have 4 of the same letters in their names. What a coincidence!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Greg Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
Right Trail you have a PM
And in the end of our exploring we shall return to the place where we started and know that place for the first time.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
You just missed a heck of a deal on one in the classifieds!! -

Then again, so did I -   :banghead:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 09:33:00 PM »
Got my new Classic Hunter today. 56" #58 @ 30".

Eric

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
Sweet bow Eric!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©