3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heating up a Woodsman ferrule? (screw in)  (Read 3284 times)

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heating up a Woodsman ferrule? (screw in)
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »
Dino,

If the comment about quality control is in reference to my last post, realize there are many many heads made by magnus uncder contract and the quality control level's are different for different contract heads, some good some not as good (not nessicarily the woodsmens)!

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Dan,
I have literally spent hours on the phone talking with Mike on the quality and production of the woodsmans which has improved greatly since 3Rivers aquired them.  They are suppost to be given the quality and attention and spine true as any other magnus head that is being produced.  Your comment was that contract heads weren't give the same attention.  If you were not including the woodsman in that I wish you would have stated that fact.  Dale and 3Rivers want the highest quality head possible and not something second rate. dino

Ursus,
If you are still have problems with the heads contact Dale at 3Rivers.  He will help you out. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline rh44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
ttt
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Offline The Ursus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
Just for comparison, I also recieved a 1/2 doz snuffers for Christmas too.  I only had one of those wobble when spun.  I removed and reglued the insert just like the woodsmans and now it spin's true.  I've just been using the amber/hot glue and am not to worried about them comming off since I use a home made target that's pretty soft.  I can't wait to try these heads out on a critter!

Thanks to you guys who have personally talked to Magnus about this, I appreciate the info.  From now on I'll buy the heads and inserts separate.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©