3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What 2 blade broadhead has the largest cutting diameter  (Read 1661 times)

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What 2 blade broadhead has the largest cutting diameter
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
Greyfox54,  You're absolutely correct!  That BH may have be 1 out of every 1000 good ones, but it will always be in the back of my mind. Not only will I steer clear of that brand, but any BH that has a long distance from the front of the ferrule to the tip, as well as any brands I hear other people here say they've rolled tips with.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 07:35:00 PM »
No it don't take a lot of power or I could not shoot through those hogs with them. :)I shot through both shoulder blades of a sow right at 200lbs this year and the arrow never stopped untill it was buried so deep I could not find it in the dirt.The shot was only about 15yds.Shot another boar bigger than the sow quartering and the broadhead made it through the offside shoulder but the arrow stayed in all 3 steps the hog took. :)That was a 35yd shot.No bad for a 46lb bow and the biggest broadhead you can buy.  :D
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Modocs wont be far off the mark...a true 3:1 BH ratio.......I also just starte shooting some Zwickeys I love how they fly for me .. :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©