3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fred eichler  (Read 2606 times)

Offline jeanpaul3006

• Trad Bowhunter
fred eichler
« on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
watched an episode of easton reality with fred, great program. he was hunting stone sheep in the yukon. has anyone else had the chance to hunt these sheep. would like to hear about any experiences.

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: fred eichler
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Rick STephens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Recently got a chance to meet Fred and his wife at a sportsman's night in western PA.  He had a couple of great speeches with videos and pictures to accompany.  He really seems like a great guy and a lot of fun to hunt with.  A friend of mine has already booked an antelope hunt with Fred.

His videos are great.  Definately my favorite hunting show!

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
this weeks antelope and elk show is awesome

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
There have been a few other people that have taken Stone sheep with traditional equipment that I know of. Paul Shafer, Marv Clyncke and Wayne Depperschmidt names come to mind. I have been keeping track of the cost of a Stone sheep hunt the last couple years and they are going up at an alarming rate. Twenty five thousand is about the going price now on a quality 10 day hunt. One outfitter I checked on is $27,000 this year and $30,000 in 08. A little out of my price range.

Although I will be hunting Dall sheep in Alaska this year I doubt I will ever experience a Stone sheep hunt.
Jack Shanks

Offline jeanpaul3006

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
i here ya, unless the loto finally picks my number, not much chance of going stone sheep hunting.of the four sheep species,which one is the most affordable. would like to try at least one sheep hunt and africa before i go to the happy hunting grounds.

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Dall sheep in Alaska are the least expensive to hunt of the four species. From a bowhunting perspecive the best Dall sheep hunting is probably in the NWT or the Yukon though from everything I have gathered. For a 10 day Alaskan Dall hunt it can run $8,500 on up to over $12,000 and in Canada they start at $13,000 and go up from there.
Jack Shanks

Offline Panzer I

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
Nathan Andersohn killed a Stone, I believe in the Cassier Mountains of Yukon with a Longbow.

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
unless things have changed radicaly from when I was guiding in Colorado, a DIY hunt for Bighorns there would be the least expensive (and very do-able)----just probably take a ton of preference points to draw, unless you got lucky
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Jaz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Rick,
I met Fred the other night,too, at Laurel High School! I'm in Grove City.
Take Care,
Eric

Offline Rocky Reimer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »
Joel...u never told me u was a guide!...how is that bow coming on?...(u know the one u are building for me).....u forgot, didn't u?

Offline Jack Shanks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
Joel, I agree a DIY hunt is less expensive but I have heard of people applying for twenty or thirty years in the western states and never drawing. Jean-Paul said he wanted to hunt sheep in his lifetime.

I too have been applying for a bighorn permit in the western states because you never know. I wanted the chance to hunt sheep at least once before I get too old and that is why I booked a hunt in Alaska.
Jack Shanks

Offline wasapt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
I have booked an antelope, elk and mule hunt with Fred Eichler's Full Draw Outfitter company. He is a living legend in my opinion and I am very excited.
bryce olson

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Man I just watched his antelope and Elk hunt today On Easton's Bowhunting TV and to watch him dance and jump around after he shot that Elk was just priceless!!Man that is what it is all about! He loves what he does, and it just shows in everything he does! He is a credit to the traditional community and to bowhunting in general! What a cool cat!  :thumbsup:

Offline Rick STephens

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »
Eric,

I thought Fred put on a really good show at Laurel.  I got a chance to talk to him for a while before the show.  Cool guy!  I agree with the others, I think he would be a great guy to hunt with.

I'm in Hermitage area.  Nice to meet ya neighbor!

Rick

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
I enjoy watching him hunt on his show.  His love for the sport readily comes through to anyone who cares to tune in.  The encounter he had in Alaska with the bear in that stream was something else!  I bet his drawers needed a good scrub after that one, I KNOW mine would've!!

The only thing I wish his show would do more of is actually SHOW him shooting.  From the ones I have seen you don't get to see him loose his arrow very often.  I'll still watch him though cause I like him.  I bet he would be a hoot in a hunting camp, can you imagine the stories he could tell!

Nala

Offline jeanpaul3006

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
well i watched him hunt caribou. by far the best hunting show on the tube.fred and his wife both filled their tag.can't wait for september so i can go caribou hunting.

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
he has an awesome story of almost being killed on a hunt in alaska.  I say it is awesome because of how he tells it not of the outcomes or that it happened.

he seems like the guy you want in camp I have watched everything I can on him and I love his traditional harvest videos.  I wish he could get on here more and post more often though.

The thing I like about him is he gets excited whether he kills a doe or a world class animal the guy justs exudes hunting!!!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
His video work could definitely be better but he makes up for it with his unbridled enthusiasm. His Easton bowhunting TV show is the only must watch hunting show that I have on my list. Hope to get the opportunity to hunt with him some day.

Offline sbschindler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
everytime he shoots an animale he acts like it the firt animale he has ever shot and he can't hardly believe he did it. I like him but I'm still thinking about it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©