3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most important hunting gear???  (Read 1068 times)

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most important hunting gear???
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »
All of the things mentioned plus a lot of others are in my pack which is sitting beside my bow as we speak. You cannot pick up the bow without moving the pack and if I have my bow and my pack I am ready to go hunting. Every day when I return to camp I replenish water, food, etc. then hang it by my bow so I would say the one thing I need is my pack and cant/wont go hunting without it.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
My "cheaters" (reading glasses)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by lt-m-grow:
Nothing.  

Sure there are some things of convenience I like to have/wish I have etc., but if I have my bow, arrows, glove, I will not turn around or stop my hunt for nothing.  

I am surprised by some of the answers...you mean you cannot make it 2-4 without a drink, chew or a knife? Seriously?
I won't complete my trip into work without a pocket knife.  Gotta have a blade.  :-D

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by GingivitisKahn:

Nothing.  

Sure there are some things of convenience I like to have/wish I have etc., but if I have my bow, arrows, glove, I will not turn around or stop my hunt for nothing.  

I am surprised by some of the answers...you mean you cannot make it 2-4 without a drink, chew or a knife? Seriously?
I won't complete my trip into work without a pocket knife.  Gotta have a blade.  :-D [/b]
Hell, it's rare that you could even find me watching TV without a knife somewhere on me.

I almost walked into the hospital for surgery the other day with my neck knife around my neck!   :biglaugh:
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline rg176bnc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
I wont go w/o the deer cart, turns an hour into 10 minutes.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by fyrfyter43:

Originally posted by GingivitisKahn:

Nothing.  

I won't complete my trip into work without a pocket knife.  Gotta have a blade.  :-D [/b]
Hell, it's rare that you could even find me watching TV without a knife somewhere on me.

I almost walked into the hospital for surgery the other day with my neck knife around my neck!    :biglaugh:  [/b]
I'm with you!

As I sit writing this, I have a folding Gerber in my pocket and a mini leatherman in my phone holder which is right next to my (regular) Leatherman and a CRKT I use for a money clip.  

In the drawer right next to that is another Gerber LST, a small Buck pen knife and three Swiss Amy Knives.  On the shelf above is a pair of throwing knives (shrug) and a little Tekna fixed blade.  Behind my laptop screen is an old Camillus USMC combat knife and another Tekna boot knife.

On the shelf behind me is a K-Bar kukri, a hand axe and a tomahawk and a bit beyond that is my skinning knife.

Lol - I'm ready to cut something, I'll tell ya.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
My bow and Arrows!!!!  :bigsmyl:    :archer:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
my medicine bag with an ancient stone broadhead and other secrets
Make a life, not a living

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©