3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: So much for my bow season!  (Read 762 times)

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
So much for my bow season!
« on: September 27, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
Went to the orthopedic guy the other day for a shoulder problem and he put me out of work for close to a month.

Had a problem with my left shoulder for a few years but just worked through it. Had to yank a guy through a car window a couple of weeks ago and messed it up again, this time the pain isn't going away. Doc says I have a Lat tear in the joint.

I can't even begin to tell you how mad this makes me, I finally have my setup tuned just right and am ready to go into the woods, now this.

I wish you all the best of luck this season and hope to be ready for next year. Till then I guess I'll be living vicariously through the Gang.

Keith
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: So much for my bow season!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
bummer.  But the reason you got hurt (again) represents more than one can say regarding your greatness.  Get better!
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
i feel your pain bud blew my knee out draggin someone out of a structure fire 3 years ago...killed my entire season!

rest up and hang in there my man!

Offline fillmorehd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
I feel you pain as well.  Several years ago I had a climber let go when tying the strap to the tree.  Long story told short broke my back.   I did this on opening day and missed the season and a month of work.  Hang in there like Bow W said you did this rescuing a person who is thanking you for your un selfish actions.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
Can ya hunt lefty, I had a tear in my left shoulder some years ago and  could not hold the bow out in front of me, but it did not hurt to pull with my left hand. I went lefty and killed what was at that time my best buck! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
Wow that story sounds as if it coulda came outta my mouth.

A few years back I yanked a Domestic Violence suspect through an apartment window and was done bow shooting for a long while after surgery. The left shoulder still pops now and again...probably because I rushed the healing. Don't do that follow the Doc's orders and let your physical therapist know about your archery interest.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »
I feel your pain, I fell 12 feet off a roof August 15th. Fractured L-4 in lower back and left heel bone. Can't walk on left foot till Nov 15th, I get around with a walker or wheel chair now. But I was lucky, things could have been worse. Plan on hunting from a blind when back doctor says I can pull my bow, but that could be November..

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 05:42:00 AM »
I had this occur severaal years ago with a low back operation and lost the season.

Best to you and hope the repair work goes well and you can be out there in spirt with us all.

This is coming from a x VA bower from Manassas now living in the wilds of central NY state.

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »
All the best in your recovery. I hope you're back at it as soon as possible.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »
Hey Keith! If ya can't draw your bow why not be in the woods with a camera? If it were me I'd just be there! Unless you want to stay home and watch TV.

Get Well Soon!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline david_lewis93

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
Hey Bud I lost nearly two seasons to a heart by pass, yep took that long for chest not to hurt when drawing,Like mcgroung said,hunt and shoot with a camera you still get out and it doesnt hurt the shoulder.
Get well soon!!!
David

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
hope you recover soon mate!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
i feel your pain....work on your camera skills while you heal...good luck to you...
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
Yep, I had neck surgery in late Sept. last year.
Was able to get back in the woods by mid November.  Sure is heart breaking.
                    Good luck

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
At least now your on the road to healing.... Rest it and then get after them when it's healed.

JDS III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline nutmeg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
I feel your pain. I'm missing my season also due to rotator cuff surgery. Let it heal and don't push it.(nut)
Rich Potter

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 12:15:00 PM »
I hope you heal up quickly and completely so this does not drag on. I will probably miss the entire season. I am working hard to recover from knee replacement that I had done in July. I know I will be able to get out there next season, and with a little luck maybe a little toward the end of this season. I'll bet your doctor is telling you the same thing mine is telling me -- be patient and do the rehab work.
Good luck,
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
I have enjoyed traditional archery because of the guys on this site, but I have also had to come into "reality", and had to make a choice, I had these injuries before I started traditional archery, and ignored them.  I wouldn't advise that !

I have damage in both shoulders, and also in my drawing hand, carpal tunnel combined with arthritis, and when I put the three fingers together to draw, well it's just more pain if I keep on trying to ignore it.  I haven't given up archery because I found an alternative, it is well designed T release shaped like my hand live folds fingers back,(I know that doesn't set well some) but that's OK, it works.  And I have to use a different bow, won't mention it, don't want cause anybody any pain, but traditional hunting is also an attitude of the mind and the Hunter, so if you do have to give up a few things, do it with grace.  And a lot of patients with yourself.

And those of you that can heal, do it slowly, and it will reward you in the long run.

And I bet, if you had to pull that guy out of the car again you do it in the second.  And that's a gift you carry in your heart, that is second nature that you don't think about.  

Your a giver

And thank you for that

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »
Karma owes you big time. While you are healing, a young buck is growing. He is destined to meet you when he is at full maturity and you are healed and ready.

Whether you bag him or not will then be up to your skills versus the buck's. Karma will have done its job by getting both of you together.

Meanwhile, hike the woods and practice your stalking skills. My shoulder's are fine, but I still get outsmarted by the damn whitetails no matter how careful I am. They love to watch me sneaking around, then one will poke out of cover, flick his/her tail, and bound off.
Maybe you can still hunt with a friend and help him spot and flush game. He will owe you big time when it is your turn.

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes.
I think one of the worst things is that I won't know just how bad it is until the 6th of October, MRI.

I'll keep you posted.

Keith
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©