3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blackbeard Island 2008  (Read 253 times)

Offline rapid fire

• Trad Bowhunter
Blackbeard Island 2008
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
Who all is going? I think I am going to be able to make it. I am working out the details as we speak. I think it is only right to go back since this is where I was truly introduced to traditional archery one year ago. I know there are some arrangements being worked on for aquatic transportation so if you are wanting to go and have a good size boat, don't be afraid to speak up. Man i'm getting pumped now. I just hope it works out.

Offline BroMark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blackbeard Island 2008
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
Well I'm not planning to go, but I've been there before (just visiting - not on a hunt).  My bro-in-law is with the USF&WS and that was one of his refuges back several years ago.  I think there were three refuges in the Savannah Coastal Refuge system that he worked on.  Harris Neck was one of the others, but I don't remember the third.  We were there during the sea turtle nesting season.  The gators and snakes out there would make me   :eek:   if I was out in the woods/brush trying to find a deer.

I'd love to go back sometime.  Hope you have a great hunt!
Blood bought - twice born - heaven bound!

Offline Rick McGowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
I might be going, but no telling what my schedule will be and at the moment, I can't get gas to go anywhere!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
I went twice many years ago and Blackbeard is an incredibly beautiful place to hunt. The few draw backs are transportation to the island, the possibility of bad weather(and it can get bad) and the mosquitoes. You can't kill snakes there either and there some big water moccasins and D-back and timber rattlers. When I went there were no hogs and now there are plenty. When I went there were no squirrels because they would deplete the limited natural food for the deer so you can imagine what the hogs are doing.   Pat.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©