3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: From Atlanta to Augusta then Allendale SC Thursday  (Read 254 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
From Atlanta to Augusta then Allendale SC Thursday
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
How is the gas over there, guys?????
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lewis Brookshire III

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: From Atlanta to Augusta then Allendale SC Thursday
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
Ray I went from Atlanta to Charlotte Monday-Tuesday of last week and they were short of gas, not sure if it has been remedied up there yet. Atlanta Metro sure isn't!
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot: Missionary/Martyr.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Yes, Lewis...I know. Charlotte is another hot spot. But I also know they have gas in FL, AL, and in TN, and I'm trying to find out about SC.

Charlotte isn't on my travel itinerary, thank goodness!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »
Ray....I *think* GA is the only state with problems due to the low sulfur gas required by the state.  Least that's what I've heard.  All other states are fine and dandy.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Dawn Patrol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:58:00 PM »
Ray,I just came back from a motorcyle trip to the Dragon and most of the stations in south N.C and North Ga. were out or limiting sales to 50$ OR less. A station in Franklin NC sold 2000 gal. in one hour. We took back roads and hit small towns and found plenty. Tom
I put the "stink" in instinctive archery!

Offline Benjy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »
Ray, I'm here in Columbia, I did run across a station limiting to $50 on Saturday. I filled up today without any problem. I think that the high grade gas is still hard to get.
 I'm headed up to Ohio this weekend so I hope there's not a problem with gas going up I-77.
Benjy
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT   64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »
Our part of NC(Brevard, Asheville, Hendersonville) has been out of gas for almost a week. If a station does get a delivery the lines are a mile long and you are limited to how much you can get. Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
Thanks, Benjy. I kind of figured if I could get to North Augusta I would be OK...I'm making a run "for the border" on Thursday.

I went out this morning at 5 am and found a tank full no problem. There are lots of stations that are on empty though.

QT is announcing that all their stations will have full supplies of regular unleaded by Wednesday so that's good news.

If folks will stop hoarding gas and just get it when they are less than half full it would be a lot less trouble than it is now.  I saw a guy with a van full of 5 gallon gas cans- he filled up his van, then filled up 7 or 8 5 gallon cans to take home.

He was in a shirt and tie so I know he wasn't a landscaper!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 06:50:00 AM »
I have a hunt in Tennessee this weekend. I was considering taking my diesel truck. Is diesel is short supply too??
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:53:00 AM »
nope. You can get diesel anywhere in Atlanta even, Big!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »
Yeah....seen folks getting desel last night while I looked for gas.

Good luck on the hunt Ray!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Mark in SC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »
Haven't had any problems in the Charleston area, other than paying for it.
What, me worry?

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
Got to leave for Savannah Georgia From North Louisiana on Thursday morning to visit Son.  Got hotel reservations already made and wife determined to go in the Suburban.  Think I can get around Atlanta on the West side and still get gas.  Saw somewhere they on this site that QT will have gas.  Not familiar with them.  Who are they?  Resoponses aprreciated.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
There's 110 of the QT stations around Atlanta..most close to interstate exits. If I were you I would try the Southern route..going I-10 across through to at least Mobile..then you can cut across but I would not come through Atlanta. You can actually go across to just west of Jax and head north on 95 straight into Savannah.

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
Mr. Hammond thanks for the reply.  I had thought about taking this route to Jacksonville and then on up to Savannah.  My son said he thought it was about 4 hours longer.  I wouldn't know.  I know it was  long enough going thru Atlanta because I made it last December driving a moving truck to take his and his wife belongins down there.  Drove straight thru.  Left at 5:00 AM our time and arrived there around 10:00PM there time that night.  I know one thing, I am going to be on the deer stand first thing in the morning as our season opens tommorow.  Will only miss a week before I can get back and really get into it full force.  Thanks again.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »
I don't believe its that much longer. If it is...you could conceivably spend that 4 hours looking for fuel.

Not to mention if you get to Atlanta anytime between 6 am and 7pm you will be driving through some horrendous traffic, and even conceivably stuck for several hours in an accident backup.

I'd try it going over the 10/95 route..and then try it back the other way and see.

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
I am going the 10/95 Route.  Better safe than sorry. That traffic is horrible as you said.  Mad me nrvous as heck driving that big truck thru there.  When you see that traffic you understand why we might have gas shortages.  Thanks again.

Offline backwater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
Ray, i live 15 miles from allendale and we have not had any problem with gas. I went down to our local exxon station after seeing your post and checked for you,filled up no problem. Allendale has a exxon station that is owned by the same co. so you should be good to go.  $3.79 gal.Reg

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »
beautiful. I know there is a BP in Allendale..and I think I remember the Exxon a little further north. Great Thanks for checking it. You must be in Barnwell or Fairfax or Hampton.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 10:27:00 PM »
Oh yeah..the Exxon is right by the Piggly Wiggly going out toward Fairfax. Thanks, Backwater.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©