3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally, First day out...............  (Read 264 times)

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally, First day out...............
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »
Ohio's archery season is on its 4th. day and I finally got out in the woods today. Hunted a new property that i got permission for this year and got into my stand at about 3:30pm. Saw 1 small buck about 70 yds out and had another small 7-pt. eating about 12 yds away from me for over an hour!! Gave up LOTS of shot opportunities but......i promised my self I wouldn't shoot a really samll buck at least untill after the rut------but man that was hard to sit there. I haven't gotten a TRAD deer yet but couldn't see settling for a tiny buck my first day out. Worse yet, after he left, he came back agaoin about an hour later and pranced around a bit trying to decide where he wanted to go---to the field or back to the woods and back again.

Finally had a couple does come in------right at dark. I could barely make them out, kinda like seeing a shadow on the forest fooor.  One was only 5 yds away and I couldn't even see it  :(  . They kept me locked in my stand untill about 15 minutes after legal light expired---but didn't want to risk spooking them. They finally decided to check out the vineyard and when I couldn't hear them anymore, I shimmied on out of there.  Great time, but i think I'm gonna take my climber out there the next afternoon I get a chance and set up a little farther down the ridge where they caome from---seee If I can beat the sundown.  Don't want to move mys lock-on just yet---not untill sitting a time or 2 again plus I want to check its morning opportunities.

Can't wait for this weekend!
  :archer:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally, First day out...............
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
Sounds like a good time.  Go get 'em man.

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally, First day out...............
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:00 AM »
Sounds like ya had fun, hold out for what you want and shoot some does, you are not to far from were we hunt we hunt in Athens and Meigs county you are in the right place to shoot a slammer, we have taken some over the years with training wheels, I will be out there Nov. 6 to the 17, my first year with trad gear, I have lowered my standards this year and will shoot the first 120 class that gives me the shot I need. Good luck and shoot straight. Chris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©