3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shot a Cari-bow Peregrine today  (Read 2536 times)

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
Shot a Cari-bow Peregrine today
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
Shot a Cari-bow Peregrine today and...

WOW! That thing is amazing. Will tell you more later, but I've got to get to the range right away for 3D night.

Offline mbbushman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shot a Cari-bow Peregrine today
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
They are definitely nice! I may order one later this year. I've shot one a couple times this winter and they are a definite performer.

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »
Yup.  Drove out to Abe's shop this afternoon to check this thing out and it is all that Pete Ward says it is in his review and then some.  The model I shot had a recurve style window cut  above the shelf, but Abe said he could also shape it more along the style of the featherhorn/tundra wolf.  The physical weight of the bow felt light as feather in my hand and felt like it was part of me.  I had a hard time putting it down, and once I did, I almost felt naked without it in my hand.

I like my bows as light as possible, regardless of their draw weight, because they feel more responsive, which is why I've never cared for bow quivers or heavily risered recurves.

As for how it shoots, I don't know how fast but it is very fast and has absolutely no handshock.  It has all of the characteristics I really liked about my dearly departed chek-mate thunderbird, but the peregrine exhibits these characteristics to a far greater degree.

Here are a couple of pictures from Abe's site;

Offline manyletters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Abe's a quality guy that builds an incredible product. I got to shoot the one that Pete Ward did the testing on and proceeded to order one...then Pete called and mentioned that Abe had a few stock bows...I immediately bought one. Once it got here and my 21 year old shot mine....it arrived when I was away for the weekend and he shot it first!! He wanted one immediately so he bought another one from Abe. Both shoot great with no handshock. We are a two Perigrine household. I have to quit clicking on   www.peteward.com  as it makes me buy bows.

You certainly cannot go wrong with a Cari-bow  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

Offline PatW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Dennis you can never have too many bows!! The Perigrine is an excellent bow you can't go wrong with one.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
What did I tell you Mark, Now you know why I had a hard time making up my mind between the Perigrine and the silver fox. Cheers.

Darren

Offline Anvil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:54:00 AM »
How does the Perigrine compare to the Silver Fox for stability and quietness? Abe said the Peregrine is a few fps faster. I should be getting my Silver Fox next week.
p.s. I feel like a southerner posting on a thread with all you Canadians. I am only 70 miles south of the border though  :)
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.      Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-4

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Hi guys-----I too spent a lot of time on Abe`s site ------and ended up buying a Silver Fox 3 piece longbow-------all I can say is that------I AM IN LOVE------53@28 canalete riser-- bamboo core limbs with bocote veneers-----beautiful----and it shoots as good as it looks--I gave myself an early birthday present  lol.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »
I've heard nothing but good things about this bow.His in stock Peregrines sell very very quickly.

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Hey Darren,

After you told me about it I made a point to get down and try one.  I'm also getting the handle of my tundra wolf tweaked a bit to fit my grip style better.

BTW, Abe spoke very highly of you and your hunting prowess.

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by PatW:
... you can never have too many bows!! ...
If I ever get married, those are exactly the words I hope my wife whispers in my ear!  Pete, you are a lucky guy!   :archer:

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
She only says that because she gets to play with them.

Glad to see so many that like their Peregrines. Abe does a great job in all departments.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Darren

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
So Mark, did you order a perigrine? It's only money. You can do more worse things with money, like pay bills........lol

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »
Will be giving a deposit when I go to pick up the tundra wolf.  Am still undecided as to go with the one piece or the 2 piece takedown.  That handle is so pretty, I'm not sure I want to cover it with a beavertail grip.  I'm also wondering if the 2 piece handle would add any noticeable wight to the bow.  The thought of transporting a takedown bow in the same hardcase as my arrows is rather appealing however.

Offline Rob Fin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
I know the take down Featherhorn is heavier than the 1 piece. I would assume going to a takedown would increase the weight of the Peregrine too. Can't wait to see it when you get it Mark!

Offline Donavan Daniel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
Hello all. I'm the Donavan on Pete's site that got to hunt with his Peregrine.

All I can say is WOW! They are a super bow! After using Pete's bow, I had to order one for myself. Shouldn't be to much longer before mine is built. I'm not a speed person. I prefer accuracy and quite first. It was really amazing how whisper quiet this bow is. And it is fast as you can see from Pete's review.

I had no second thoughts on taking the bow out the first day that I shot it. It is just a bow that felt very natural to me. And I'm not even right handed LOL!

The Peregrines in Mr. Penner's inventory went very fast! One lefty still there for a southpaw interested in a great shooting bow.

Cheers,
Donavan

Offline Donavan Daniel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
I see that the last Peregrine in Mr. Penner's inventory is sold now also.

Great design on those bows.

Cheers,
Donavan

Offline Pete W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
Got your message Donovan and I will measure the grip for you so Abe can make yours to fit me. Give me a shout when he sends it so we can try it out.
I sent a guy there to look at the 3 piece Silver fox, and he sold them all too, so now he is thinking about the Snowbirds, but I couldn't tell him anything about those.
Share your knowledge and ideas.

Offline Donavan Daniel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
The grip might fit you Pete, but I've seen you shoot left handed   :D  !

I'll definatly let you know when it gets here.

Cheers,
Donavan

Offline flatbowMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »
I shot the 67 lb Snowbird he has/had (it's probably gone by now) when I was there.  It's also very nice.  It has a longer and heavier riser than the peregrine, if you prefer recurves, this may appeal to you more than the peregrine.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©