3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Swan Longbows...  (Read 676 times)

Offline Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
Black Swan Longbows...
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »
OK, so I'm considering a new bow, I like what I've heard about the Black Swan bows - cutting edge! Just looking for some feed back on the performance / shooting differences of their longbows. I like the looks of the 1 piece handle-forward hybrid bow I believe I saw in Trad. Bowhunter Mag but I don't see that same bow on their website - am I missing something? I would also consider a 3 piece longbow, wood or metal handle. Any feedback on the pros / cons of these styles is appreciated ! Also, I don't think they give prices on the website - what'll one of these beauties set me back? Options you'd recommend?
thanks, Rando

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Black Swan Longbows...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:00 PM »
The web site needs to be updated. This is the new three piece riser.

This is the new Hybrid available in 56" (which I have) or 60".

TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
I had a 62" hybrid one piece. Light physical weight, no hand-shock, screaming fast, looks very nice in a serious business like way.

Unfortunately I don't shoot light weight (mass) bows very consistently.  Also the grip just wasn't right for me.  

I would love to have another Swan but would want a takedown for a little more weight and hopefully a different grip.  I would stick with the hybrid limbs.  Awesome performer as good as any and better than most.  It is carbon done right.
   :thumbsup:
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
I just got my second swan in. My first is a 64" 3pc hybrid and my new on is a 56" 3pc curve with the belly mount limbs. I also have a 64" FireFly and a 54" RER Arroyo. Hands down the Swans, especially the 56" curve are my favorites. Don't get me wrong, the Firefly and the Arroyo are both excellant bows in their own right, I just shoot the Swan's better. The Firefly is butter smooth and the Arroyo is a bit shorter, but the grip ( high wrist, narrow throat) is perfect for me. One the I do notice is the Swan's load up early in the draw compared the my other bows. The 56 inch Swan is the cats meow in my opinion. Good luck in your search, there are many excellent bows out their, I hope you find the ONE  that fits you the best.
peak98

traveling East, in search of more light.

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:24:00 AM »
I didn't mention why I intially went with a Swan. My draw length is a little over 27 inches so I wanted a excellent performing bow at a short draw length, next concern was the ability to get it as quiet as i like a bow to be, speed is of little use if I can't get it quiet, and I prefer quiet as a church mouse. With bow hush installed and a set of cat whiskers; as per Vermonster13's recommendation, my 56" Swan curve is ready for the woods. Now, if I could only get through working these 7 nights a week I could go try it out.
peak98

Offline Whitetail Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
Not intending to hijack the thread, but how are the shorter 56 inch Black Swans?  I guess they are called the Brushfire?  Would they handle a 29 inch draw?

Brett
50# MAX Widow
54# Sapphire Hawk
53# Schafer Silvertip TD
45# Hill Country Bobcat

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Brett, I'm now sure about what the max draw lengths are for the 56" Swans, but my neighbor has shot mine without noticing any finger pinch and he draws 29 inches, my 29.5" AD Tradlites are just long enough for his draw. I believe Vermonster's draw is over 29inches  if I remember correctly, maybe he'll chime in and give us a first hand report.
peak98

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
The 56" one piece and takedown handle 31.5" no problem. Haven't had anyone with a longer draw here to shoot it yet.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
Finally got back to this thread. Good info all - thanks guys. Think I'm leanin' towards the (gulp) metal riser for the mass weight and stiffness... never thought I'd consider a metal "traditional(?)" bow, but these really intrigue me.
Rando

Offline peak98

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »
Both of mine have the metal handles....they're completed dead in hand, quiet, and quick. My 56 inch bow with the belly mount limbs likes a 7.5 brace height plus or minus a quarter inch depending on which arrows I'm shooting.
peak98

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©